Columbus Short Exits 'Scandal' Amid Personal Issues
Columbus Short quits "Scandal" after three seasons. The actor has confirmed that he won't return for the upcoming season 4 of the Shonda Rhimes-created drama series after the third season ended with a cliffhanger for his character Harrison Wright.
"At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I've called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today," he says in a statement released via a publicist. "I would like to first thank Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast. Thank you GLADIATORS, who have supported me throughout my entire career and of course to ABC and Shondaland for allowing me to play such a pivotal role in the Scandal series."
He adds, "I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas. I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry [Washington] and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful."
In the season 3 finale which aired last week, [SPOILER ALERT!] Short's litigator character was held at gunpoint by Secret Service/B613 man Tom after he learned that B613 head Rowan was responsible for the death of the president's son.
According to TMZ, ABC gave the actor the axe due to his recent legal issues. The 31-year-old, who is also a choreographer and singer, was allegedly threatening to kill his wife and ending his own life while he was drunk earlier this month. In March, he was arrested after allegedly attacking a man at a restaurant.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance