'Frozen' Soundtrack Spends 13th Week Atop Billboard 200, Lindsey Stirling Scores Biggest Debut
"Frozen (2013)" soundtrack still stands strong at the top position on Billboard's Hot 200. The album spends a 13th non consecutive week at the peak with additional 106,000 copies sold (down 8%) for a total of 2.6 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The set joins 38 other albums which have spent at least 13 weeks at No. 1 on the chart. Those which have enjoyed exactly 13 weeks atop the weekly rundown include the original Broadway cast recording of "Hair" (in 1969), The Monkees' self-titled debut album (1966), Judy Garland's "Judy at Carnegie Hall" (1961) and Enoch Light/Terry Snyder and the All-Stars' "Persuasive Percussion" (1960).
The biggest debut this week is Lindsey Stirling's second album "Shatter Me" with 56,000 copies. Ruling the Independent Albums, Classical Crossover Albums and Dance/Electronic Albums charts, it becomes the classical crossover violinist's best sales week and highest-charting album so far.
Ray LaMontagne's "Supernova" enters at No. 3 with 40,000, followed by Passion's "Take It All" with 30,000. Both records become the third Top 10 album for respective artist. Other newcomers, Timeflies' "After Hours" debuts at No. 8 with nearly 20,000, and Whitechapel's "Our Endless War" arrives at No. 10 with 16,000. Rock band Whitechapel scores their best sales week and highest-charting album ever with their fifth studio effort.
Taking other slots in the Top 10 are Iggy Azalea's "The New Classic" which falls 3-5 with 23,000 in its second week (down 57%), Pharrell Williams' "G I R L" which slips 4-6 with 22,000 despite a 3% increase, Future's "Honest", dipping 2-7 with 20,000 in its second week (down 63%), and Luke Bryan's "Crash My Party" which now sits at No. 9 (17,000, down 13%) after placing 7th last week.
Next week, the 50th edition of "Now That's What I Call Music!" compilation is expected to bow at No. 1 on the chart, ending "Frozen" reign. "Now 50" is predicted to sell more than 120,000 copies in the week ending Sunday, May 11.
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (106,000)
- "Shatter Me" - Lindsey Stirling (56,000)
- "Supernova" - Ray LaMontagne (40,000)
- "Take It All" - Passion (30,000)
- "The New Classic" - Iggy Azalea (23,000)
- "G I R L" - Pharrell Williams (22,000)
- "Honest" - Future (20,000)
- "After Hours" - Timeflies (nearly 20,000)
- "Crash My Party" - Luke Bryan (17,000)
- "Our Endless War" - Whitechapel (16,000)
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby