Jon Hamm Recalled Working in 'Soft-Core Porn' Movie
Jon Hamm's journey to the spotlight was not always smooth, like that one time he had to join a dating game show. The actor said in an interview with Vanity Fair's latest issue that he worked in a soft-core porn movie before nabbing the role of Don Draper on "Mad Men".
Asked about how he ended up in the '90s game show, Hamm said, "I was actually at that time working as a set dresser for Cinemax soft-core porn movies. It was soul-crushing." He also noted that the video predated his relationship with girlfriend of 16 years, Jennifer Westfeldt.
Coming from a humble beginning made Hamm appreciate his role on the AMC show. "This is the best job I've ever had and maybe ever will have in my life - it's so fun to play all of this," he told the magazine.
He added, "It can be relentlessly dark. It can be terribly sexually inappropriate, is a way to say it. But who else gets a chance to do any of that stuff? There's so much there."
Hamm, however, is no stranger to racy stuff, saying his father would often take him to parties and watch racy movies when he was young. "I think I was seven. This was before my mom was dead. So it was a curious decision," he recalled watching "Animal House".
More Jon Hamm News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic