Jon Hamm Recalled Working in 'Soft-Core Porn' Movie
Jon Hamm's journey to the spotlight was not always smooth, like that one time he had to join a dating game show. The actor said in an interview with Vanity Fair's latest issue that he worked in a soft-core porn movie before nabbing the role of Don Draper on "Mad Men".
Asked about how he ended up in the '90s game show, Hamm said, "I was actually at that time working as a set dresser for Cinemax soft-core porn movies. It was soul-crushing." He also noted that the video predated his relationship with girlfriend of 16 years, Jennifer Westfeldt.
Coming from a humble beginning made Hamm appreciate his role on the AMC show. "This is the best job I've ever had and maybe ever will have in my life - it's so fun to play all of this," he told the magazine.
He added, "It can be relentlessly dark. It can be terribly sexually inappropriate, is a way to say it. But who else gets a chance to do any of that stuff? There's so much there."
Hamm, however, is no stranger to racy stuff, saying his father would often take him to parties and watch racy movies when he was young. "I think I was seven. This was before my mom was dead. So it was a curious decision," he recalled watching "Animal House".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says