Mick Jagger Sings Bob Dylan's 'Just Like a Woman' for L'Wren Scott at New York Memorial
Mick Jagger paid tribute to his late girlfriend, L'Wren Scott, by performing a heartfelt song at a memorial service on Friday, May 2 in New York. He sang Bob Dylan's "Just Like a Woman" at the celebrity-filled service which was held at Manhattan's St. Bartholomew's Church.
The service also included words of tribute from Scott's brother Randy Bambrough, good friend actress Ellen Barkin, fashion personality Andre Leon Talley and actress Sarah Jessica Parker. Poems were shared by Scott's niece, Hannah Bambrough, as well as Jagger's son, James Jagger.
The rocker's grandchildren Mazie and Zak read Psalm 23 while Lisa Fischer, a back-up singer for The Rolling Stones who has toured with the band for years, sang "Amazing Grace". Those who attended the service included Julianne Moore, Meg Ryan, Olivia Munn and Renee Zellweger, Vogue editor Anna Wintour and filmmakers Martin Scorsese and Baz Luhrmann.
Scott was found hanging in her Manhattan apartment in March. Following the fashion designer's death, Jagger and his band The Rolling Stone decided to postpone the Australian leg of their tour. The tour has now been rescheduled for later this year.
A small private funeral was held for Scott in Los Angeles in March.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'