Mick Jagger Sings Bob Dylan's 'Just Like a Woman' for L'Wren Scott at New York Memorial
Mick Jagger paid tribute to his late girlfriend, L'Wren Scott, by performing a heartfelt song at a memorial service on Friday, May 2 in New York. He sang Bob Dylan's "Just Like a Woman" at the celebrity-filled service which was held at Manhattan's St. Bartholomew's Church.
The service also included words of tribute from Scott's brother Randy Bambrough, good friend actress Ellen Barkin, fashion personality Andre Leon Talley and actress Sarah Jessica Parker. Poems were shared by Scott's niece, Hannah Bambrough, as well as Jagger's son, James Jagger.
The rocker's grandchildren Mazie and Zak read Psalm 23 while Lisa Fischer, a back-up singer for The Rolling Stones who has toured with the band for years, sang "Amazing Grace". Those who attended the service included Julianne Moore, Meg Ryan, Olivia Munn and Renee Zellweger, Vogue editor Anna Wintour and filmmakers Martin Scorsese and Baz Luhrmann.
Scott was found hanging in her Manhattan apartment in March. Following the fashion designer's death, Jagger and his band The Rolling Stone decided to postpone the Australian leg of their tour. The tour has now been rescheduled for later this year.
A small private funeral was held for Scott in Los Angeles in March.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist