'American Idol': Harry Connick Jr. Justifies Judges' Use of Save on Sam Woolf
After keeping their save for weeks, "American Idol" judges used their sole right to keep a finalist from elimination on Thursday, April 3. Some may question the judges' decision considering Sam Woolf's modest performance compared to other stronger singers' the night before.
Speaking to reporters after the results show, Harry Connick Jr. justified their decision to use the save on Sam. "As soon as we saw who the three were, we immediately started saying, 'What does each of these people bring to the competition if we give them the save?' We talked about all three of them, and when we heard it was Sam, we started flying back-and-forth," he said.
The actor/singer explained why Sam deserved a second chance, saying, "I think ultimately we decided to use it on Sam because we think he needs to be in the competition. He brings some things to it that are unique to him; and we get one save, and we thought he was the guy to use it on."
Harry, who has been dubbed the toughest judge in season 13 due to his harsh comments, also said that Wednesday night's performances were the strongest of the season so far. "Last night was the best show of the season for me," he claimed.
"Everybody really knew the tunes. They were all really comfortable, and it was the first time I thought, 'OK, this is a real competition now.' It could've been five different ones that got the least amount of votes. But I thought at this point they were all probably deserving of it," he went on saying. "It's not like you have five country singers or five R&B singers. Everybody is a little different. It's a very diverse group."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics