Video: Louis C.K. Opens 'Saturday Night Live' With a 9-Minute Stand-Up Routine
Louis C.K. did what he does best on "Saturday Night Live" when he returned as a host on March 29. The screenwriter/actor performed a 9-minute stand-up routine for his monologue, questioning God's marital status and complaining about the lack of respect for women in society.
"Women didn't get the vote until 1920," he said. "That means American democracy is 94 years old. There are three people in my building older than American democracy." He continued, "Women have had a tough time. It was so OK to beat your wife until so recently that today we have a kind of shirt named after it. There a piece of clothing in our culture affectionately nicknamed after beating the crap out of your wife. And this is offensive to nobody!"
Lena Dunham praised the 46-year-old comedian's monologue, writing on Twitter, "Louis C.K.'s monologue was already great and then it turned into an even greater feminist rant #SNL."
In one of his sketches, C.K. spoofed "Jeopardy!" with "Black Jeopardy", where he played a professor of African American studies and was joined by Sasheer Zamata and Jay Pharoah as contestants, and Kenan Thompson as a host. He was disappointed by the lack of black history questions.
The episode, which featured musical guest Sam Smith, averaged a 4.0/10 in household results in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 2.1/9 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. The previous outing hosted by Lena Dunham earned the same 2.1 rating.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding