Kevin Costner Reveals His Desire to Direct Western Trilogy Back-to-Back
Kevin Costner is hoping to return to directing seat, more than a decade after helming 2003's "Open Range". In an interview with Collider during press tour of his next film "Draft Day", the 59-year-old actor reveals his idea to make a western movie series and film it back-to-back.
"I've got this Western that I think I could make," he says. "I actually have this idea to make them all at once and release one on Memorial Day, one on Thanksgiving, and then one on the Fourth of July, all within a 12 month span, because it's all the same story but it truly is a journey, with a fourth movie coming right after."
"Will I be able to do that? I don't know. But that's what I think about, that's what I try to do. And people go, 'Oh that's really interesting, Kevin. We don't think we can do that.' And I'm thinking, 'Man, that's a really good idea.' I thought that was a true ongoing series, or sequel if you will, that actually was an honest one. A second one wasn't invented because the first one made a little money."
Costner made his directorial debut in 1990 with epic western film "Dances with Wolves". It won seven Academy Awards including Best Picture and a Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture - Drama. In 2007, it was chosen for preservation in the United States National Film Registry.
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'