Kevin Costner Reveals His Desire to Direct Western Trilogy Back-to-Back
Kevin Costner is hoping to return to directing seat, more than a decade after helming 2003's "Open Range". In an interview with Collider during press tour of his next film "Draft Day", the 59-year-old actor reveals his idea to make a western movie series and film it back-to-back.
"I've got this Western that I think I could make," he says. "I actually have this idea to make them all at once and release one on Memorial Day, one on Thanksgiving, and then one on the Fourth of July, all within a 12 month span, because it's all the same story but it truly is a journey, with a fourth movie coming right after."
"Will I be able to do that? I don't know. But that's what I think about, that's what I try to do. And people go, 'Oh that's really interesting, Kevin. We don't think we can do that.' And I'm thinking, 'Man, that's a really good idea.' I thought that was a true ongoing series, or sequel if you will, that actually was an honest one. A second one wasn't invented because the first one made a little money."
Costner made his directorial debut in 1990 with epic western film "Dances with Wolves". It won seven Academy Awards including Best Picture and a Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture - Drama. In 2007, it was chosen for preservation in the United States National Film Registry.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger