Julianna Margulies: 'The Good Wife' Shocking Death Makes Alicia Move in a Different Direction
Julianna Margulies has spoken up following the latest twist on "The Good Wife". After the March 24 episode that left many fans shocked and devastated, the Emmy-winning actress took part in a Facebook chat on Monday to talk about Will Gardner's (Josh Charles) death.
"You can't imagine how sad we all are to lose Josh, but we have been living with this a lot longer then the audience so it's not as harsh for us at this moment," the Alicia Florrick depicter said of her feelings right now. "Josh is one of the best actors I have ever worked with and I will miss him every day."
In term of storyline, Josh's death will make a great impact on Alicia's life. "His death makes the character of Alicia have to move in a different direction and that is very exciting...I think this death brings out a very new and different Alicia.," she gushed, telling fans, "I really encourage you to watch this coming Sundays episode, you will see what she really thinks about Will. And bring tissues."
Will is still going to make appearance next week, but Julianna refused to spill the details. "You will see and hear Will all through the episode, but that's all I can say," she said, adding, "The closure will come eventually, but the next few episodes are very Willcentric in Alicia's mind." She admitted that filming next week's episode "was the hardest thing" and the episode "will be very sad."
Charles himself tweeted after the episode was aired. "Sending out all my love to #TheGoodWife fans! Playing Will Gardner was an honor and a pleasure. Thanks for all of your support & kind words!" he wrote. In an interview on "Late Show with David Letterman", he consoled the griefing fans by saying, "Everything's going to be ok!"
Josh Charles interview on "Late Show with David Letterman":
More The Good Wife News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special