Julianna Margulies: 'The Good Wife' Shocking Death Makes Alicia Move in a Different Direction
Julianna Margulies has spoken up following the latest twist on "The Good Wife". After the March 24 episode that left many fans shocked and devastated, the Emmy-winning actress took part in a Facebook chat on Monday to talk about Will Gardner's (Josh Charles) death.
"You can't imagine how sad we all are to lose Josh, but we have been living with this a lot longer then the audience so it's not as harsh for us at this moment," the Alicia Florrick depicter said of her feelings right now. "Josh is one of the best actors I have ever worked with and I will miss him every day."
In term of storyline, Josh's death will make a great impact on Alicia's life. "His death makes the character of Alicia have to move in a different direction and that is very exciting...I think this death brings out a very new and different Alicia.," she gushed, telling fans, "I really encourage you to watch this coming Sundays episode, you will see what she really thinks about Will. And bring tissues."
Will is still going to make appearance next week, but Julianna refused to spill the details. "You will see and hear Will all through the episode, but that's all I can say," she said, adding, "The closure will come eventually, but the next few episodes are very Willcentric in Alicia's mind." She admitted that filming next week's episode "was the hardest thing" and the episode "will be very sad."
Charles himself tweeted after the episode was aired. "Sending out all my love to #TheGoodWife fans! Playing Will Gardner was an honor and a pleasure. Thanks for all of your support & kind words!" he wrote. In an interview on "Late Show with David Letterman", he consoled the griefing fans by saying, "Everything's going to be ok!"
Josh Charles interview on "Late Show with David Letterman":
More The Good Wife News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die