Julianna Margulies: 'The Good Wife' Shocking Death Makes Alicia Move in a Different Direction
Julianna Margulies has spoken up following the latest twist on "The Good Wife". After the March 24 episode that left many fans shocked and devastated, the Emmy-winning actress took part in a Facebook chat on Monday to talk about Will Gardner's (Josh Charles) death.
"You can't imagine how sad we all are to lose Josh, but we have been living with this a lot longer then the audience so it's not as harsh for us at this moment," the Alicia Florrick depicter said of her feelings right now. "Josh is one of the best actors I have ever worked with and I will miss him every day."
In term of storyline, Josh's death will make a great impact on Alicia's life. "His death makes the character of Alicia have to move in a different direction and that is very exciting...I think this death brings out a very new and different Alicia.," she gushed, telling fans, "I really encourage you to watch this coming Sundays episode, you will see what she really thinks about Will. And bring tissues."
Will is still going to make appearance next week, but Julianna refused to spill the details. "You will see and hear Will all through the episode, but that's all I can say," she said, adding, "The closure will come eventually, but the next few episodes are very Willcentric in Alicia's mind." She admitted that filming next week's episode "was the hardest thing" and the episode "will be very sad."
Charles himself tweeted after the episode was aired. "Sending out all my love to #TheGoodWife fans! Playing Will Gardner was an honor and a pleasure. Thanks for all of your support & kind words!" he wrote. In an interview on "Late Show with David Letterman", he consoled the griefing fans by saying, "Everything's going to be ok!"
Josh Charles interview on "Late Show with David Letterman":
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'