Sandra Bullock Tearfully Pays Tribute to Jay Leno on 'Tonight Show', Jimmy Kimmel Sends Best Wishes
Only a few episodes are left for Jay Leno on "Tonight Show" and special guests keep coming in to bid farewell to the host. On Wednesday night, February 5, Sandra Bullock got emotional as she paid tribute to the veteran comedian.
Leno was praising the Oscar-winning actress when she told him that she had something to say. "I'm going to start crying," she said, holding back tears. "You've always been so kind. That's saying a lot in this business, because we like to be mean," she began singing praise to Leno.
"There's not been one time that you haven't treated me like I had something to offer - even when the film was horrible and you knew it, you never let me see it in your eyes." She continued, "When I made crazy life decisions, you never questioned. You were so welcoming. ... I just felt special, even when I felt very insecure. And everyone in this room and in this country has felt this every day that you have been in their home."
Leno responded, "Well, you are special," kissing Bullock's hand.
Jimmy Kimmel, a late-night talk show host on rival network, even put aside their longtime feud to acknowledge Leno's long run as the "Tonight Show" host. "Issues aside, 20 years at #1 is a remarkable achievement. Congratulations and best wishes to @jayleno on an incredible run," so the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" host tweeted on early Thursday.
Meanwhile, fellow comedian Craig Ferguson has sent Leno a goodbye present, an old red Ford Bronco, which isn't in a good condition. "Dear Jay," Ferguson wrote in a handwritten note tucked under the windshield. "Please accept this P.O.S. The starter motor is f**ked & the electrics are crap. It'll keep you busy if you get bored. You will be missed! Don't be a stranger. Your friend...Craig Ferguson."
Leno's final episode on "Tonight Show" will be on Thursday, February 6. Jimmy Fallon will take over the hosting duty beginning Monday, February 17.
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order