NBC Sets Date for 2015 Golden Globe Awards
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association and NBC have announced the date for the 72nd annual Golden Globe Awards. The show presented by the HFPA and Dick Clark Productions will be held January 11, 2015 and air live on NBC from 5-8 P.M. PT / 8-11 P.M. ET from the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will host the ceremony for the third year in a row. The "Saturday Night Live" alumnae signed a two-year deal to return as the hosts of the 2014 and 2015 telecasts following their successful first Golden Globe hosting stint in 2013.
Theo Kingma, president of the HFPA, said in a statement, "Not only do we have the privilege of announcing the date of the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, we are very appreciative of Tina and Amy for hosting the ceremony for a third year in a row. There is no doubt they will once again host a memorable Golden Globe Awards celebration!"
"We are delighted to have Tina and Amy back. They create an environment where anything can happen in a room full of the world's biggest stars," Allen Shapiro, executive producer of the awards, also stated.
Paul Telegdy, president, Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC Entertainment, added, "Tina and Amy certainly helped us garner the highest rated audience in over a decade and we are excited to have them back next year."
The 71st Golden Globes held last January drew 20.9 million viewers, marking the biggest audience for the awards show since 2004.
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen