NBC Sets Date for 2015 Golden Globe Awards
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association and NBC have announced the date for the 72nd annual Golden Globe Awards. The show presented by the HFPA and Dick Clark Productions will be held January 11, 2015 and air live on NBC from 5-8 P.M. PT / 8-11 P.M. ET from the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will host the ceremony for the third year in a row. The "Saturday Night Live" alumnae signed a two-year deal to return as the hosts of the 2014 and 2015 telecasts following their successful first Golden Globe hosting stint in 2013.
Theo Kingma, president of the HFPA, said in a statement, "Not only do we have the privilege of announcing the date of the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, we are very appreciative of Tina and Amy for hosting the ceremony for a third year in a row. There is no doubt they will once again host a memorable Golden Globe Awards celebration!"
"We are delighted to have Tina and Amy back. They create an environment where anything can happen in a room full of the world's biggest stars," Allen Shapiro, executive producer of the awards, also stated.
Paul Telegdy, president, Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC Entertainment, added, "Tina and Amy certainly helped us garner the highest rated audience in over a decade and we are excited to have them back next year."
The 71st Golden Globes held last January drew 20.9 million viewers, marking the biggest audience for the awards show since 2004.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle