'Biggest Loser' Winner Rachel Frederickson Faces Criticism for Weight Loss
The new winner of "The Biggest Loser" is facing criticism on social media for her extreme weight loss. Rachel Frederickson, the 24-year-old voice-over artist from Los Angeles, won the 15th season of the reality show on the February 4 finale after shedding 155 lbs. or 59.62% of her initial weight.
Some people thought Rachel, who appeared in silver dress during the final weigh-in, looked anorexic. "One girl on the biggest loser lost so much weight that she looks anorexic and this was the reaction of the trainers," a Twitter user by the name of Gunner wrote alongside a picture of Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper.
Another user, Cari Steiner, wrote, "#BLFinale so disappointed in Rachel. Just unbelievable how far she took her weight loss with so many young girls watching her every move." Someone named Bobby wrote, "I don't think I've ever been this uncomfortable watching the finale. Rachel just looks so sickly. She shouldn't be able to win. #Blfinale."
Meanwhile, DietsInReview thought that a 60 percent weight loss is not healthy by any definition. "Rachel's 60 Percent Weight Loss is Nothing to Celebrate; Biggest Loser Should be Ashamed," the health and weight loss page on Twitter wrote.
Rachel weighed 260 pounds in the beginning of the competition, blaming a failed relationship on her bad eating habit. She is now 105 lbs. "I came here to gain back my life, and I did exactly that. I've found that proud, confident girl that has so much respect for herself," she told PEOPLE backstage after winning the competition.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'