'Biggest Loser' Winner Rachel Frederickson Faces Criticism for Weight Loss
The new winner of "The Biggest Loser" is facing criticism on social media for her extreme weight loss. Rachel Frederickson, the 24-year-old voice-over artist from Los Angeles, won the 15th season of the reality show on the February 4 finale after shedding 155 lbs. or 59.62% of her initial weight.
Some people thought Rachel, who appeared in silver dress during the final weigh-in, looked anorexic. "One girl on the biggest loser lost so much weight that she looks anorexic and this was the reaction of the trainers," a Twitter user by the name of Gunner wrote alongside a picture of Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper.
Another user, Cari Steiner, wrote, "#BLFinale so disappointed in Rachel. Just unbelievable how far she took her weight loss with so many young girls watching her every move." Someone named Bobby wrote, "I don't think I've ever been this uncomfortable watching the finale. Rachel just looks so sickly. She shouldn't be able to win. #Blfinale."
Meanwhile, DietsInReview thought that a 60 percent weight loss is not healthy by any definition. "Rachel's 60 Percent Weight Loss is Nothing to Celebrate; Biggest Loser Should be Ashamed," the health and weight loss page on Twitter wrote.
Rachel weighed 260 pounds in the beginning of the competition, blaming a failed relationship on her bad eating habit. She is now 105 lbs. "I came here to gain back my life, and I did exactly that. I've found that proud, confident girl that has so much respect for herself," she told PEOPLE backstage after winning the competition.
More The Biggest Loser News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby