Nicole Kidman's 'Grace of Monaco' Set as Cannes Film Festival Opener
"Grace of Monaco" will get a chance to take the spotlight although its release has been delayed indefinitely by The Weinstein Company. The movie has been selected to open the upcoming Cannes Film Festival.
The biopic will have its world premiere at the festival on May 14 as an official selection and is included in the out of competition category. This year's Cannes will run from May 14-25 in France.
Starring Nicole Kidman as Grace Kelly, "Grace of Monaco" was recently pulled from the release schedule by TWC less than two months before it was planned to arrive in U.S. theaters on March 14. French distributor Gaumont has also announced that the movie is moved from its French release date of March 19, but no new date is set yet.
The Hollywood Reporter said that TWC yanked the film off its release calendar because it had not been delivered to the company yet, making it difficult to get final marketing materials. Meanwhile, director Olivier Dahan had previously expressed his discontent with the company.
Dahan said there were two versions of the movie, his and TWC's, leading to a situation which he called "catastrophic." He added, "It's right to struggle, but when you confront an American distributor like Weinstein, not to name names, there is not much you can do."
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mesh Top in New Selfie
- Justin Bieber Forgets 'Despacito' Spanish Lyrics, Sings 'Blah, Blah, Blah' Instead
- Fans Loath ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake - See the Hilarious Memes
- Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt as She Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Younes Bendjima
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'