Nicole Kidman's 'Grace of Monaco' Set as Cannes Film Festival Opener
"Grace of Monaco" will get a chance to take the spotlight although its release has been delayed indefinitely by The Weinstein Company. The movie has been selected to open the upcoming Cannes Film Festival.
The biopic will have its world premiere at the festival on May 14 as an official selection and is included in the out of competition category. This year's Cannes will run from May 14-25 in France.
Starring Nicole Kidman as Grace Kelly, "Grace of Monaco" was recently pulled from the release schedule by TWC less than two months before it was planned to arrive in U.S. theaters on March 14. French distributor Gaumont has also announced that the movie is moved from its French release date of March 19, but no new date is set yet.
The Hollywood Reporter said that TWC yanked the film off its release calendar because it had not been delivered to the company yet, making it difficult to get final marketing materials. Meanwhile, director Olivier Dahan had previously expressed his discontent with the company.
Dahan said there were two versions of the movie, his and TWC's, leading to a situation which he called "catastrophic." He added, "It's right to struggle, but when you confront an American distributor like Weinstein, not to name names, there is not much you can do."
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation