Nicole Kidman's 'Grace of Monaco' Release Delayed Indefinitely
"Grace of Monaco" starring Nicole Kidman has been yanked off the release calendar less than two months before it was scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters on March 14. The movie is now postponed indefinitely as The Weinstein Co. has not set a new release date for the biopic.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, TWC pulled the movie from the release schedule because it has not been delivered to the company yet, making it difficult to get final marketing materials. TWC now gives the March 14 slot to British dramedy "One Chance".
Back in September last year, "Grace of Monaco" had been pushed back from its initial release date of November 27, 2013. TWC would not comment on why the movie's pulled from its calendar but director Olivier Dahan has previously expressed his discontent with the company.
Dahan said he had had a finished version of the film, but TWC wanted to release a different cut. "It's right to struggle, but when you confront an American distributor like Weinstein, not to name names, there is not much you can do," he told a French newspaper at the time. "There are two versions of the film for now: mine and his...which I find catastrophic."
"Grace of Monaco" captures Grace Kelly's personal story against 1962 politics. It focuses on a six month period in which the newly minted Princess of Monaco maneuvered behind the scenes in an effort to save the city-state from a coup. Kidman takes the title role.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns