Nicole Kidman's 'Grace of Monaco' Release Delayed Indefinitely
"Grace of Monaco" starring Nicole Kidman has been yanked off the release calendar less than two months before it was scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters on March 14. The movie is now postponed indefinitely as The Weinstein Co. has not set a new release date for the biopic.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, TWC pulled the movie from the release schedule because it has not been delivered to the company yet, making it difficult to get final marketing materials. TWC now gives the March 14 slot to British dramedy "One Chance".
Back in September last year, "Grace of Monaco" had been pushed back from its initial release date of November 27, 2013. TWC would not comment on why the movie's pulled from its calendar but director Olivier Dahan has previously expressed his discontent with the company.
Dahan said he had had a finished version of the film, but TWC wanted to release a different cut. "It's right to struggle, but when you confront an American distributor like Weinstein, not to name names, there is not much you can do," he told a French newspaper at the time. "There are two versions of the film for now: mine and his...which I find catastrophic."
"Grace of Monaco" captures Grace Kelly's personal story against 1962 politics. It focuses on a six month period in which the newly minted Princess of Monaco maneuvered behind the scenes in an effort to save the city-state from a coup. Kidman takes the title role.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs