Dean McDermott's Ex-Wife Mary Jo Eustace Reacts to His Rehab Announcement
Mary Jo Eustace, who was married to Dean McDermott for 13 years before getting divorced in 2006, has spoken up in response to the actor/reality star's announcement that he checked into rehab. In a statement to PEOPLE, the Canadian actress and TV host said that she wished him success.
"My main concern at this point is the well-being and health of the son we share," she said. "I wish Dean only the best in his struggle to overcome the demons he has been wrestling with for many years, so he can become the father and the man I know he wants to be."
"I am also hopeful that from this point on there will be a dedicated effort to deal with this matter privately and respectfully, for the sake of all the children involved," Eustace added. She and McDermott have a 13-year-old son together. The actor, meanwhile, has two sons and two daughters with his wife Tori Spelling.
McDermott recently announced that he had checked himself into rehab. "I am truly sorry for the mistakes I have made and for the pain I've caused my family. I take full responsibility for my actions and have voluntarily checked myself into a treatment center to address some health and personal issues. I am grateful to be getting the help I need so I can become the husband and father my family deserves," he said in a statement.
The rehab stint came in the midst of cheating allegation which hit the 47-year-old star. Last month, he was reported cheating on Spelling with a woman named Emily Goodhand in a hotel room in Toronto.
More Dean McDermott News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest