PGA Awards 2014: 'Breaking Bad' and 'Modern Family' Among TV Winners
After SAG-AFTRA announced the winners of its annual awards show on Saturday, the Producers Guild of America held its own 25th annual gala on Sunday, January 19. The event honors the visionaries who produce and execute motion picture and television product, with "Breaking Bad" and "Modern Family" as the big TV winners this year.
The AMC crime drama series bagged the Norman Felton Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama. It edged out other strong contenders including "Downton Abbey", "Game of Thrones", "House of Cards" and last year's winner "Homeland".
"Modern Family" was triumphant over other shows namely "30 Rock", "Arrested Development", "The Big Bang Theory" and "Veep" in comedy category. It marked the fourth time in a row the ABC sitcom won the Danny Thomas Award.
"Behind the Candelabra" (HBO) defeated "American Horror Story: Asylum", "Killing Kennedy", "Phil Spector" and "Top of the Lake" for the David L. Wolper Award for Outstanding Producer of Long-Form Television. "The Voice", meanwhile, was dubbed best competition series.
A&E's hit reality series "Duck Dynasty" lost the Award for Outstanding Producer of Non-Fiction Television to CNN's "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown", while "The Colbert Report" was named the best in live entertainment and talk television category.
The 25th PGA Awards was held January 19 at the Beverly Hilton. Brad Pitt, Lupita Nyong'o, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Kevin Spacey and Michael B. Jordan were among the stars gracing the red carpet of the event.
- The David L. Wolper Award for Outstanding Producer of Long-Form Television: "Behind the Candelabra" (HBO)
- The Norman Felton Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama: "Breaking Bad" (AMC)
- The Danny Thomas Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Comedy: "Modern Family" (ABC)
- The Award for Outstanding Sports Program: "SportsCenter" (ESPN)
- The Award for Outstanding Children's Program: "Sesame Street" (PBS)
- The Award for Outstanding Producer of Non-Fiction Television: "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown" (CNN)
- The Award for Outstanding Producer of Competition Television: "The Voice" (NBC)
- The Award for Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment and Talk Television: "The Colbert Report" (Comedy Central)
- The Award for Outstanding Digital Series: Wired: "What's Inside" (http://video.wired.com/series/what-s-inside)
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon