Martin Freeman Is Beaten Up in First Picture From FX's 'Fargo'
A first look at FX's "Fargo" has been unveiled in the form of pictures. Making their way out via Yahoo! TV, one of the photos features Martin Freeman's Lester Nygaard, who is beaten up and visits a hospital, seemingly to seek medical attention.
Another image features Allison Tolman in police's uniform as she portrays Deputy Molly Solverson, the local crime investigator in the town of Bemidji, Minnesota. She appears to be working although she is seen at what looks like an eatery.
"Fargo" is an FX limited series based on the Coen brothers' 1996 crime film. Featuring an all-new "true crime" story, it centers on Freeman's Lester, a small-town insurance salesman henpecked by his wife whose life is changed when he meets Lorne Malvo, who sets him on a path of destruction. Billy Bob Thornton is cast as Lorne, who is described as a rootless, manipulative man.
Other stars supporting the 10-episode drama include Colin Hanks, Bob Odenkirk, Glenn Howerton, Kate Walsh Billy and Oliver Platt. Joel & Ethan Coen, who wrote, directed and produced the feature film, executive produce the show along with Warren Littlefield and Geyer Kosinski. Noah Hawley wrote the script.
The limited series is slated to premiere this spring.
More Fargo News
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor