People's Choice Awards 2014: 'Walking Dead' and 'Big Bang Theory' Among TV Winners
The full winners of the 2014 edition of People's Choice Awards were announced on Wednesday, January 8 and unlike the other fields, there wasn't a standout in the TV category. While the likes of "The Walking Dead" and "The Big Bang Theory" managed to bag multiple awards, they equally had their fair share of win with two nods each.
The AMC hit zombie-themed series claimed the Favorite Cable TV Drama honor while its actor Andrew Lincoln took home Favorite TV Anti-Hero for his portrayal of Rick Grimes. On the other hand, the CBS popular sitcom was named Favorite Network TV Comedy after its lead actress Kaley Cuoco grabbed the Favorite Comedic TV Actress award.
In network TV drama category, "The Good Wife" edged out its rivals to win the best drama show title. Josh Charles was additionally chosen as Favorite Dramatic TV Actor though Julianna Margulies lost to "Castle" star Stana Katic as Favorite Dramatic TV Actress. The police procedural drama series got its second prize that night in Favorite TV Crime Drama category.
Also claiming two prizes each were "Glee" (Favorite Comedic TV Actor for Chris Colfer and Favorite TV Gal Pals for Lea Michele & Naya Rivera), "Beauty and the Beast" (Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show and Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress for Kristin Kreuk), as well as "The Vampire Diaries" (Favorite On-Screen Chemistry for Ian Somerhalder & Nina Dobrev and Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor for Somerhalder).
"The Voice" came out as Favorite Competition TV Show, while "Breaking Bad" was dubbed Favorite Series We Miss Most. New shows including "Orange Is the New Black", "Super Fun Night" and "Reign" were also honored at the event hosted by "2 Broke Girls" stars Beth Behrs and Kat Dennings.
As usual, PCAs also handed out prizes for fans' favorite in movie and music fields. Jennifer Hudson, meanwhile, was presented with a humanitarian award for her and her sister's work with the Julian King Foundation.
List of TV winners at 2014 People's Choice Awards:
- Favorite Network TV Comedy: "The Big Bang Theory"
- Favorite Comedic TV Actor: Chris Colfer
- Favorite Comedic TV Actress: Kaley Cuoco
- Favorite Network TV Drama: "The Good Wife"
- Favorite Dramatic TV Actor: Josh Charles
- Favorite Dramatic TV Actress: Stana Katic
- Favorite Actor in a New TV Series: Joseph Morgan
- Favorite Actress in a New TV Series: Sarah Michelle Gellar
- Favorite TV Crime Drama: "Castle"
- Favorite Competition TV Show: "The Voice"
- Favorite Cable TV Comedy: "Psych"
- Favorite Cable TV Drama: "The Walking Dead"
- Favorite Premium Cable TV Show: "Homeland"
- Favorite Cable TV Actress: Lucy Hale
- Favorite TV Anti-Hero: Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) ("The Walking Dead")
- Favorite TV Bromance: Jared Padalecki (Sam), Jensen Ackles (Dean) & Misha Collins (Castiel) ("Supernatural")
- Favorite TV Gal Pals: Lea Michele (Rachel) & Naya Rivera (Santana) ("Glee")
- Favorite On-Screen Chemistry: Ian Somerhalder (Damon) & Nina Dobrev (Elena) ("The Vampire Diaries")
- Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show: "Beauty and the Beast"
- Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor: Ian Somerhalder
- Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress: Kristin Kreuk
- Favorite TV Movie/Miniseries: "American Horror Story"
- Favorite Daytime TV Host: Ellen DeGeneres
- Favorite New Talk Show Host: Queen Latifah
- Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host: Stephen Colbert
- Favorite Streaming Series: "Orange Is the New Black"
- Favorite Series We Miss Most: "Breaking Bad"
- Favorite New TV Comedy: "Super Fun Night"
- Favorite New TV Drama: "Reign"
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says