'Modern Family' Is Having Australia Vacation
"Modern Family" has booked a trip to Australia. The cast of the critically-acclaimed sitcom will travel down under to film the show as the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan is taking a vacation overseas.
20th Century Fox Television has partenered with Qantas airlines to fly the stars, including Ed O'Neill, Ty Burrell, Julie Bowen and Sofia Vergara, from Los Angeles to Australia in February for a two-week shoot. Some producers will head to Aussie later this month to scout locations.
"We are so excited about our trip down under and we promise not to do any 'down under' jokes. We look forward to a fantastic shoot in many exotic locations," says co-creator and executive producer Steve Levitan.
"We loved the family vacation episodes we shot in Hawaii and Wyoming - this one is certainly our most ambitious yet. We promise to feature a kangaroo, a koala and a boomerang. I'm sure there will be lots more, but so far that's all we know about Australia - our American school system is a disaster."
"So we thank Qantas for this amazing opportunity to broaden our horizons," he adds. "Plus it'll be nice to go to a place where everyone looks like Hugh Jackman and Miranda Kerr. Aussie, Aussie Aussie!"
The Australia episode is expected to air in late spring. Besides Hawaii, "Modern Family" has previously filmed a vacation in Wyoming for season 3.
The Emmy-winning show recently cast Aisha Tyler in a guest-starring role as Wendy, a former law school classmate of Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) who runs the legal aid society where he gets a job. The episode featuring the co-host of "The Talk" will air in early March on ABC.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones