'Walking Dead' Boss on Rick Vs. Governor Showdown in Season 4: 'It's a New Story'
Things will be very different when Rick faces off the Governor again in this season of "The Walking Dead", so showrunner Scott M. Gimple promises. In a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, he says, "Any sort of Rick-Governor conflict is going to be a very different conflict - if there is one."
On what makes the next showdown different, he explains, "If these two people [have a] showdown - and God knows it certainly looks like that at the end of episode seven - I would hope that they're two very different men who have gone through very different things."
"One of them has tried to lay down his guns, tried to stop from being a leader, tried to pull his child back from the brutality of the world, tried to pull himself back from the brutality of the world and from the brutality of leadership," Gimple elaborates. "And we see him in the first episode [of season four] having achieved that, but it's all taken away from him bit by bit in those first five episodes. Carol tells him he can be a farmer but he can't just be a farmer. Rick is a different guy from the season-three finale and season-four premiere."
He continues, "The Governor, from the beginning of [episode] 406 is very different guy. When these two guys meet, in some ways, they're meeting for the first time, and in some ways, it's a new story. The only way to achieve that is to tell a different story with those characters leading up to it."
The impending showdown between Rick and the Governor will take place in the midseason finale, set to air Sunday, December 1. As teased in a preview for the new episode, the Governor and his new group attempt to overtake the prison, but Rick insists, "We're not leaving."
A new clip from "Too Far Gone" also gives a look at how the former leader of Woodbury encourages his group members to attack Rick and friends.
"The Walking Dead" 4.08 clip #2:
More The Walking Dead News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign