Taylor Lautner to Play Porn Star Dirk Diggler in 'Boogie Nights' Live Reading
Taylor Lautner has big shoes to fill in. The "Twilight" hunk is tapped to play porn star Dirk Diggler in Jason Reitman's live reading of "Boogie Nights". The character was made popular by Mark Wahlberg in Paul Thomas Anderson's 1997 classic film.
The reading is held at Film Independent at LACMA this coming Thursday night, October 10. The "Abduction" hunk will star opposite Judy Greer who is set to portray Amber Waves, a role originated by her "Carrie" co-star Julianne Moore.
Reitman has also revealed on Twitter the other cast that include Mae Whitman starring as Rollergirl, Kevin Pollak as The Colonel, Jim Rash as Buck Swope, Jarod Einsohn as Todd Parker, and Jurnee Smollett as Jessie St. Vincent.
Last month, Reitman also held a "Boogie Nights" reading at Toronto International Film Festival. Jesse Eisenberg took on the role of hunky nightclub dishwasher-turned porn star Diggler and Olivia Wilde read the role of Waves.
In similar news, Will Ferrell is cast to play a man with split-personality disorder in a staged reading on October 27 at the upcoming Austin Film Festival. He is joined by Linda Cardellini ("Mad Men") and Thomas Haden Church ("Spider-Man 3") in supporting roles.
"Looper" director Rian Johnson serves as the helmer for the reading of unproduced screenplay titled "2 Face" by "Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan.
More Taylor Lautner News
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image