Roseanne Barr Accuses 'Two and a Half Men' of Stealing Her Joke
Roseanne Barr has accused "Two and a Half Men" writers of stealing her joke. The 60-year-old actress/comedienne took to Twitter on Friday, October 4 to slam lead actor Ashton Kutcher and series creator Chuck Lorre for using the line which she claimed was from her 2006 HBO standup special, which falls under copyright laws.
"friends told me that ashton kuchner is stealing my jokes without any sense of being conscious of being a f**king thief. #chucklorre," she revealed how she got alerted of the alleged steal. "HOLLYWOOD TV 'WRITERS' r actually just souless thieves of comics' intellectual property. #f**kashtonKuchner #f**kChuck #f**kthieves," she added in another post.
"a**hole kuchner is stealing my 'wet where i'm supposed to be dry' joke," she wrote again. The complete line in question is "I'm wet where I'm supposed to be dry and dry where I'm supposed to be wet."
She went on attacking Lorre, "Chuck Lorre has made MILLIONS-hundreds of millions-YET-he STEALS COMEDIAN'S WRITING-helps himself 2 STEAL other ppl's work w no guilt. Chuck Lorre will do anything2 make a $-lie, steal, cheat, rip off comics ideas, re use already overused premises2 entertain moronic droolers."
Urging people to watch Lorre's shows to see if he stole any other jokes, she added sarcastically, "I need to do like Chuck Lorre's writers do-watch some stand up and steal some jokes for my new scripts. I could produce ten shows, maybe!" She wrote another post, which read, "I can C chuck in the room: 'guys, let's b careful when lifting jokes frm comics-don't steal copyrighted HBO special jokes-b more discreet'."
After bashing TV writers with her tweet, "not all writers who work for CL r thieves and miscreants w no real lives," she has apparently come to a conclusion that Kutcher and Lorre were not to blame for the alleged joke steal. "I forgive Ashton and Chuck! It's prob one of their writer's fault!" she wrote later.
A representative from the CBS sitcom camp has not responded to request for comment.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!