Video: Carrie Underwood Co-Hosts 'GMA' to Deliver Pop News
Carrie Underwood showed off her rarely-seen skill on "Good Morning America" Monday, August 12. The 30-year-old country music singer served as a special co-anchor that morning, delivering the day's pop news.
A Northeastern State University graduate in mass communication and a major in journalism, she smoothly reported on the September issue of Vogue magazine featuring Jennifer Lawrence on the cover, students' first day back to school, and how to relieve stress with puppies.
Also on the ABC show, Underwood faced off "GMA" hosts Lara Spencer and George Stephanopoulos in a name-that-song challenge. She outdid her competitors, guessing Bel Biv Devoe's 1990s dance hit "Poison" in about a blink, but took a few seconds to answer when her own song "Before He Cheats" was played.
The winner of "American Idol" season 4 stopped by the morning show to promote her new DVD, "The Blown Away Tour: Live", which hits stores on Tuesday, and her Monday night appearance on "CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock". The music special airs at 8 P.M. ET/PT on ABC featuring some of country music's biggest stars.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies