Video: Carrie Underwood Co-Hosts 'GMA' to Deliver Pop News
Carrie Underwood showed off her rarely-seen skill on "Good Morning America" Monday, August 12. The 30-year-old country music singer served as a special co-anchor that morning, delivering the day's pop news.
A Northeastern State University graduate in mass communication and a major in journalism, she smoothly reported on the September issue of Vogue magazine featuring Jennifer Lawrence on the cover, students' first day back to school, and how to relieve stress with puppies.
Also on the ABC show, Underwood faced off "GMA" hosts Lara Spencer and George Stephanopoulos in a name-that-song challenge. She outdid her competitors, guessing Bel Biv Devoe's 1990s dance hit "Poison" in about a blink, but took a few seconds to answer when her own song "Before He Cheats" was played.
The winner of "American Idol" season 4 stopped by the morning show to promote her new DVD, "The Blown Away Tour: Live", which hits stores on Tuesday, and her Monday night appearance on "CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock". The music special airs at 8 P.M. ET/PT on ABC featuring some of country music's biggest stars.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage