Video: Carrie Underwood Co-Hosts 'GMA' to Deliver Pop News
Carrie Underwood showed off her rarely-seen skill on "Good Morning America" Monday, August 12. The 30-year-old country music singer served as a special co-anchor that morning, delivering the day's pop news.
A Northeastern State University graduate in mass communication and a major in journalism, she smoothly reported on the September issue of Vogue magazine featuring Jennifer Lawrence on the cover, students' first day back to school, and how to relieve stress with puppies.
Also on the ABC show, Underwood faced off "GMA" hosts Lara Spencer and George Stephanopoulos in a name-that-song challenge. She outdid her competitors, guessing Bel Biv Devoe's 1990s dance hit "Poison" in about a blink, but took a few seconds to answer when her own song "Before He Cheats" was played.
The winner of "American Idol" season 4 stopped by the morning show to promote her new DVD, "The Blown Away Tour: Live", which hits stores on Tuesday, and her Monday night appearance on "CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock". The music special airs at 8 P.M. ET/PT on ABC featuring some of country music's biggest stars.
More Good Morning America News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3