Video: Carrie Underwood Co-Hosts 'GMA' to Deliver Pop News
Carrie Underwood showed off her rarely-seen skill on "Good Morning America" Monday, August 12. The 30-year-old country music singer served as a special co-anchor that morning, delivering the day's pop news.
A Northeastern State University graduate in mass communication and a major in journalism, she smoothly reported on the September issue of Vogue magazine featuring Jennifer Lawrence on the cover, students' first day back to school, and how to relieve stress with puppies.
Also on the ABC show, Underwood faced off "GMA" hosts Lara Spencer and George Stephanopoulos in a name-that-song challenge. She outdid her competitors, guessing Bel Biv Devoe's 1990s dance hit "Poison" in about a blink, but took a few seconds to answer when her own song "Before He Cheats" was played.
The winner of "American Idol" season 4 stopped by the morning show to promote her new DVD, "The Blown Away Tour: Live", which hits stores on Tuesday, and her Monday night appearance on "CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock". The music special airs at 8 P.M. ET/PT on ABC featuring some of country music's biggest stars.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group