Video: Carrie Underwood Co-Hosts 'GMA' to Deliver Pop News
Carrie Underwood showed off her rarely-seen skill on "Good Morning America" Monday, August 12. The 30-year-old country music singer served as a special co-anchor that morning, delivering the day's pop news.
A Northeastern State University graduate in mass communication and a major in journalism, she smoothly reported on the September issue of Vogue magazine featuring Jennifer Lawrence on the cover, students' first day back to school, and how to relieve stress with puppies.
Also on the ABC show, Underwood faced off "GMA" hosts Lara Spencer and George Stephanopoulos in a name-that-song challenge. She outdid her competitors, guessing Bel Biv Devoe's 1990s dance hit "Poison" in about a blink, but took a few seconds to answer when her own song "Before He Cheats" was played.
The winner of "American Idol" season 4 stopped by the morning show to promote her new DVD, "The Blown Away Tour: Live", which hits stores on Tuesday, and her Monday night appearance on "CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock". The music special airs at 8 P.M. ET/PT on ABC featuring some of country music's biggest stars.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards