'Dracula' Will Partner With Van Helsing on NBC's New Show
For years, Van Helsing has been known as the archenemy of Count Dracula, but their relationship will be depicted in an exactly different way on NBC's "Dracula". This is just "one of a number of alterations with regard to the classic Dracula" to be carried out on the upcoming series.
Executive producer Tony Krantz reveals the big twist, "In our tale, Dracula and Van Helsing are actually partners." He goes on spilling the details, "They've partnered up to fight a bigger bad, which is called The Order of the Dragon, a secret organization. This is an order of right-wing zealots who cursed Dracula and turned him into a vampire years ago."
"We flash forward to today to Victorian England where Dracula has assumed the alter ego of an American inventor by the name of Alexander Grayson. He has come to England to essentially avenge the fact that he was turned into a monster years ago."
NBC's "Dracula" stars Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in the title role. The story is set in the late 19th century and follows Dracula who hopes to take revenge on those who crossed him centuries earlier. Everything seems to be going according to plan until he becomes infatuated with a woman who appears to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.
The drama series will premiere October 25 at 10 P.M. The network won't hold a panel for the show at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con, but a new trailer for it will be screened after the "Grimm" panel.
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana