Katherine and TJ Will Continue Being Co-Guardians of Michael Jackson's Children
Michael Jackson's three minor kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket, will stay under the guardianship of their grandmother Katherine and their older cousin TJ. "I'm taking no further action," Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff says after receiving report from investigators on the children's well-being.
The investigation into the kids' health, education and welfare was launched on heels of Paris' suicide attempt. While the reason behind her suicide attempt was still sketchy, her depression was quite apparent on her social media amidst the ongoing Michael Jackson wrongful death trial.
Katherine and the children are suing AEG Live, accusing the giant company which promoted MJ's doomed "This Is It" concert series of negligently hiring Dr. Conrad Murray and failing to do a proper background check on the disgraced doctor before employing him to care for the singer.
Michael's oldest son Prince, who was 12 when his father died in 2009 of an overdose of surgical anesthetic propofol, is scheduled to testify in front of judges Wednesday, June 26 in the multimillion dollar trial. Katherine, Paris and Blanket are also on the witness list.
Paris has been staying in the psychiatric facility at the UCLA Medical Center since her ordeal that shocked many. PEOPLE reports that the teen may be headed to a facility for long-term psychiatric treatment to deal with her severe depression.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group