'Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Gets Amy Ozols as Producer
NBC's "Tonight Show" gets a new title and a new female producer when it airs with new host in 2014. The network has tapped Amy Ozols, a veteran "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" writer, to lead the upcoming "Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon".
"Amy Ozols has been with Jimmy since the very beginning of Late Night," says "Saturday Night Live" creator Lorne Michaels, who will serve as executive producer for the upcoming "Tonight Show" edition. "She is brilliant. I think she is the right choice to lead The Tonight Show into the future."
Jimmy Fallon, who will take over the reign on "Tonight Show" from Jay Leno next year, expresses his excitement to continue working with Ozols, "It's been so fun working with Amy these past four years - she's been a standout writer and producer since we started Late Night. She puts so much thought and care into everything she does, and we share the same vision about making the best television that we can produce. I know she'll put that same intelligence, cleverness and care into The Tonight Show. This is exciting."
The "Tonight Show" will move to New York in 2014 and will be filmed in Fallon's current studio in Studio 6B at 30 Rockefeller Center. It will get a $5 million renovation, which will add its capacity from 189 to at least 200. The Roots stays as the home band.
More The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon News
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'