Avril Lavigne and The Wanted Perform on 'Dancing with the Stars'
Pop-rock star Avril Lavigne appeared on the monumental 300th episode of the hit TV celebrity dancing competition "Dancing with the Stars" on Tuesday, May 14, to perform her new single "Here's to Never Growing Up". The "Sk8ter Boi" singer, who first performed on the "DWTS" stage back in 2007, returned to the show to sing her latest hit, which debuted at No. 1 in 22 countries, said the program's co-host Brooke Burke during the short introduction.
"Here's to Never Growing Up" is the first track to be released off her forthcoming, still-untitled new LP set to be released later this year under Epic Records. It serves as the lead track off the 28-year-old artist's fifth studio album, the follow-up to her 2011 recording "Goodbye Lullaby" which reached a high of No. 4 on the U.S. Billboard charts.
Meanwhile, English-Irish boyband The Wanted performed a cover of Terry Kelly's "Fill a Heart", minus member Nathan Sykes who underwent throat surgery last month and is currently taking an indefinite break from the group while he is on his way to recovery. Apart from this particular performance, Sykes had been missing out on the band's promotional tour across the globe.
"Fill a Heart" is The Wanted's brand new charity single, the proceeds of which will go to the "Child Hunger Ends Here" campaign of ConAgra Foods with hunger-relief charity organization Feeding America.
More Avril Lavigne News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera