Avril Lavigne and The Wanted Perform on 'Dancing with the Stars'
Pop-rock star Avril Lavigne appeared on the monumental 300th episode of the hit TV celebrity dancing competition "Dancing with the Stars" on Tuesday, May 14, to perform her new single "Here's to Never Growing Up". The "Sk8ter Boi" singer, who first performed on the "DWTS" stage back in 2007, returned to the show to sing her latest hit, which debuted at No. 1 in 22 countries, said the program's co-host Brooke Burke during the short introduction.
"Here's to Never Growing Up" is the first track to be released off her forthcoming, still-untitled new LP set to be released later this year under Epic Records. It serves as the lead track off the 28-year-old artist's fifth studio album, the follow-up to her 2011 recording "Goodbye Lullaby" which reached a high of No. 4 on the U.S. Billboard charts.
Meanwhile, English-Irish boyband The Wanted performed a cover of Terry Kelly's "Fill a Heart", minus member Nathan Sykes who underwent throat surgery last month and is currently taking an indefinite break from the group while he is on his way to recovery. Apart from this particular performance, Sykes had been missing out on the band's promotional tour across the globe.
"Fill a Heart" is The Wanted's brand new charity single, the proceeds of which will go to the "Child Hunger Ends Here" campaign of ConAgra Foods with hunger-relief charity organization Feeding America.
More Avril Lavigne News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked