Pink Talks the Power of Song About Sex
Pink graces the cover of Glamour's June edition and opens up about the story behind some sex-related songs in her latest album, "The Truth About Love." "I'm a reformed s**t," she tells the magazine. According to her, women are criticized when they have several romantic partners, while men are viewed positively for the same thing.
"[The word is] my very unsophisticated way of taking the power back. I've always had an issue with [the idea that], 'OK, we've both decided to do this. Why am I a slut and you're the player? You didn't get anything from me that I didn't get from you,' " she says.
The 33-year-old singer and songwriter also has a talk about her role as a mother to a 2-year-old daughter, Willow Sage. She shares the worst experience she has as a parent. She goes on telling the magazine the incident that happened to her then 1-year-old daughter when they were at a music festival in Vegas. "Willow and I were at the pool, and I was taking her to nap time," she begins.
"She was walking just a foot in front of me. And she trips and falls and gets a concussion. She passed out. Cut to an ambulance and fire truck. And a CAT scan," she continues. "That was the worst day of my life. And what do they say? 'Kids fall.' Welcome to parenthood... Being a parent is a Jedi mind f**k. It's also the raddest thing ever."
The songstress, whose real name is Alecia Moore, also opens up about her relationship with Carey Hart, a retired freestyle motocross whom she married back in 2006. The couple split in 2008 before they reunited in 2010. "Long-term relationships are an everyday choice. It's harder to be in a marriage than it is to bounce from one relationship to the next. We're good because we communicate and we've grown up together, not because we don't fight," she says.
When she's asked what the last thing she and Carey fought about, Pink answers, "Oh, I know! [Carey] not getting me flowers and being a douchebag. That was it. He needed to get me flowers after I had a big show."
More Pink News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama