'American Idol' Reveals Twist in Top 4 Results Show as Drake Makes Surprise Appearance
The Thursday, April 25 results show of "American Idol" was full of surprise. Ryan Seacrest teased earlier that night that there would be "some shocking news that will affect the judges and turn the competition upside down. It's going to mean another serious night of drama."
He later announced that no one was eliminated this week because the judges didn't use the save this season and the show has to stay on track of its production schedule, so they need a non-elimination week.
Next week, the Top 4, Angie Miller, Amber Holcomb, Candice Glover and Kree Harrison, will return and the lowest vote-getter will be sent packing. The more than 38 million votes which were in on April 24 will be combined with the votes cast by viewers next Wednesday to determine the results.
Meanwhile, Candice Glover was treated to a pleasant surprise as Drake showed up on stage to comment on her performance the night before. He also sat down among the judges, giving a tease at what a judge panel consisting of him Nicki Minaj, Randy Jackson and Mariah Carey would be.
Making musical performances were returning Idols Stefano Langone and Lee DeWyze. The season 10 finalist Stefano performed his single "Yes to Love", while the season 9 winner Lee sang his own new single "Silver Lining".
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!