'American Idol' Reveals Twist in Top 4 Results Show as Drake Makes Surprise Appearance
The Thursday, April 25 results show of "American Idol" was full of surprise. Ryan Seacrest teased earlier that night that there would be "some shocking news that will affect the judges and turn the competition upside down. It's going to mean another serious night of drama."
He later announced that no one was eliminated this week because the judges didn't use the save this season and the show has to stay on track of its production schedule, so they need a non-elimination week.
Next week, the Top 4, Angie Miller, Amber Holcomb, Candice Glover and Kree Harrison, will return and the lowest vote-getter will be sent packing. The more than 38 million votes which were in on April 24 will be combined with the votes cast by viewers next Wednesday to determine the results.
Meanwhile, Candice Glover was treated to a pleasant surprise as Drake showed up on stage to comment on her performance the night before. He also sat down among the judges, giving a tease at what a judge panel consisting of him Nicki Minaj, Randy Jackson and Mariah Carey would be.
Making musical performances were returning Idols Stefano Langone and Lee DeWyze. The season 10 finalist Stefano performed his single "Yes to Love", while the season 9 winner Lee sang his own new single "Silver Lining".
More American Idol News
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto