'American Idol' Reveals Twist in Top 4 Results Show as Drake Makes Surprise Appearance
The Thursday, April 25 results show of "American Idol" was full of surprise. Ryan Seacrest teased earlier that night that there would be "some shocking news that will affect the judges and turn the competition upside down. It's going to mean another serious night of drama."
He later announced that no one was eliminated this week because the judges didn't use the save this season and the show has to stay on track of its production schedule, so they need a non-elimination week.
Next week, the Top 4, Angie Miller, Amber Holcomb, Candice Glover and Kree Harrison, will return and the lowest vote-getter will be sent packing. The more than 38 million votes which were in on April 24 will be combined with the votes cast by viewers next Wednesday to determine the results.
Meanwhile, Candice Glover was treated to a pleasant surprise as Drake showed up on stage to comment on her performance the night before. He also sat down among the judges, giving a tease at what a judge panel consisting of him Nicki Minaj, Randy Jackson and Mariah Carey would be.
Making musical performances were returning Idols Stefano Langone and Lee DeWyze. The season 10 finalist Stefano performed his single "Yes to Love", while the season 9 winner Lee sang his own new single "Silver Lining".
More American Idol News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards