'American Idol' Reveals Top 5, Eliminates the Last Man Standing
It's an all-female Top 5 on "American Idol" season 12. Being the last male contestant among strong female singers, Lazaro Arbos was voted out on Thursday, April 11's results show. The elimination was quite predictable though, considering his panned rendition of "Close to You" on Wednesday.
Amber Holcomb was in the bottom two along with Lazaro, but she was later deemed safe. Lazaro, meanwhile, sang Michael Buble's "Feelin' Good" as his survival song, but unfortunately it's not enough to convince the judges to keep him on the competition.
"Lazaro, we love you, you've been a treasure to the show," said Randy Jackson. "We've enjoyed you, but we're not going to use the save." Lazaro said with a smile, "OK. Sounds good. No problem, guys."
Earlier the night, it was revealed that Kree Harrison and Candice Glover were the top 2 of vote getters. They will return next week with Angie Miller, Janelle Arthur as well as Amber.
Filling the results show before the eliminated finalist was announced were first "Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson who sang "People Like Us" and season 10 winner Scotty McCreery who catered the audience with his performance of "See You Tonight".
More American Idol News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'