'American Idol' Reveals Top 5, Eliminates the Last Man Standing
It's an all-female Top 5 on "American Idol" season 12. Being the last male contestant among strong female singers, Lazaro Arbos was voted out on Thursday, April 11's results show. The elimination was quite predictable though, considering his panned rendition of "Close to You" on Wednesday.
Amber Holcomb was in the bottom two along with Lazaro, but she was later deemed safe. Lazaro, meanwhile, sang Michael Buble's "Feelin' Good" as his survival song, but unfortunately it's not enough to convince the judges to keep him on the competition.
"Lazaro, we love you, you've been a treasure to the show," said Randy Jackson. "We've enjoyed you, but we're not going to use the save." Lazaro said with a smile, "OK. Sounds good. No problem, guys."
Earlier the night, it was revealed that Kree Harrison and Candice Glover were the top 2 of vote getters. They will return next week with Angie Miller, Janelle Arthur as well as Amber.
Filling the results show before the eliminated finalist was announced were first "Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson who sang "People Like Us" and season 10 winner Scotty McCreery who catered the audience with his performance of "See You Tonight".
More American Idol News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident