Avril Lavigne Releases New Single 'Here's to Never Growing Up'
Pop-rock star Avril Lavigne's new single "Here's to Never Growing Up" drops a day early from its slated April 9 release date and can now finally be heard by eagerly-awaiting fans. The new song is the first track to be released off her forthcoming, still-untitled new LP set to be released later this year under Epic Records.
Lavigne herself co-wrote the song with former Evanescence member David Hodges, Jacob Kasher, and her own fiance, Nickelback's frontman Chad Kroeger. It was then produced by Boys Like Girls' frontman Martin Johnson, who has produced tracks for Miley Cyrus, Good Charlotte and Taylor Swift. It serves as the lead track off the 28-year-old artist's fifth studio album, the follow-up to her 2011 recording "Goodbye Lullaby" which reached a high of No. 4 on Hot 200.
Fans of Lavigne's trademark sound won't be disappointed with it since it doesn't fly far from the singer's previous hits especially her 2002 breakout "Complicated". With lyrics like "Call up all of our friends / Go hard this weekend" and "I'm like yeah whatever, we're still living like that," there's no keeping the almost three decades-old artist from being young at heart.
The potential hit will be Lavigne's first with Epic Records. Head honcho/record producer L.A. Reid disclosed back in September that she had just finished the album, although no title and release date have been revealed thus far. The much-anticipated album will feature tracks produced by The Runners, Kroeger, Marilyn Manson, Hodges, and Alex Delicata.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'