Barbara Walters Coyly Addresses Retirement Rumors
Barbara Walters has finally spoken up about reports that she's going to retire in 2014. On Monday, April 1, the veteran journalist said on "The View", "There were many reports last week that I was retiring from ABC and there was an assumption that I would be making an announcement today. The paparazzi were outside my home today... however, here I am, and I have no announcement to make."
Withouth denying nor confirming if she has such plans or not, the 83-year-old added, "But I do want to say this: that if and when I might have an announcement to make, I will do it on this program, I promise, and the paparazzi guys - you will be the last to know."
Last week, The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline reported that Walters planned to retire in 2014. She reportedly would make the announcement this week and stay through the next season of "The View". Moreover, the show was said to prepare a big send-off and other specials in the weeks leading to her exit that would celebrate her 52-year broadcast career.
More The View News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked