Barbara Walters Coyly Addresses Retirement Rumors
Barbara Walters has finally spoken up about reports that she's going to retire in 2014. On Monday, April 1, the veteran journalist said on "The View", "There were many reports last week that I was retiring from ABC and there was an assumption that I would be making an announcement today. The paparazzi were outside my home today... however, here I am, and I have no announcement to make."
Withouth denying nor confirming if she has such plans or not, the 83-year-old added, "But I do want to say this: that if and when I might have an announcement to make, I will do it on this program, I promise, and the paparazzi guys - you will be the last to know."
Last week, The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline reported that Walters planned to retire in 2014. She reportedly would make the announcement this week and stay through the next season of "The View". Moreover, the show was said to prepare a big send-off and other specials in the weeks leading to her exit that would celebrate her 52-year broadcast career.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating