Barbara Walters Coyly Addresses Retirement Rumors
Barbara Walters has finally spoken up about reports that she's going to retire in 2014. On Monday, April 1, the veteran journalist said on "The View", "There were many reports last week that I was retiring from ABC and there was an assumption that I would be making an announcement today. The paparazzi were outside my home today... however, here I am, and I have no announcement to make."
Withouth denying nor confirming if she has such plans or not, the 83-year-old added, "But I do want to say this: that if and when I might have an announcement to make, I will do it on this program, I promise, and the paparazzi guys - you will be the last to know."
Last week, The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline reported that Walters planned to retire in 2014. She reportedly would make the announcement this week and stay through the next season of "The View". Moreover, the show was said to prepare a big send-off and other specials in the weeks leading to her exit that would celebrate her 52-year broadcast career.
More The View News
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef