Barbara Walters Coyly Addresses Retirement Rumors
Barbara Walters has finally spoken up about reports that she's going to retire in 2014. On Monday, April 1, the veteran journalist said on "The View", "There were many reports last week that I was retiring from ABC and there was an assumption that I would be making an announcement today. The paparazzi were outside my home today... however, here I am, and I have no announcement to make."
Withouth denying nor confirming if she has such plans or not, the 83-year-old added, "But I do want to say this: that if and when I might have an announcement to make, I will do it on this program, I promise, and the paparazzi guys - you will be the last to know."
Last week, The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline reported that Walters planned to retire in 2014. She reportedly would make the announcement this week and stay through the next season of "The View". Moreover, the show was said to prepare a big send-off and other specials in the weeks leading to her exit that would celebrate her 52-year broadcast career.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered