Barbara Walters Coyly Addresses Retirement Rumors
Barbara Walters has finally spoken up about reports that she's going to retire in 2014. On Monday, April 1, the veteran journalist said on "The View", "There were many reports last week that I was retiring from ABC and there was an assumption that I would be making an announcement today. The paparazzi were outside my home today... however, here I am, and I have no announcement to make."
Withouth denying nor confirming if she has such plans or not, the 83-year-old added, "But I do want to say this: that if and when I might have an announcement to make, I will do it on this program, I promise, and the paparazzi guys - you will be the last to know."
Last week, The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline reported that Walters planned to retire in 2014. She reportedly would make the announcement this week and stay through the next season of "The View". Moreover, the show was said to prepare a big send-off and other specials in the weeks leading to her exit that would celebrate her 52-year broadcast career.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'