'American Idol' Results: Only Two Guys Left in the Top 7
Male singers clearly have lost their domination on "American Idol". For the third week in a row, a guy is eliminated during the results show, with Devin Velez becoming the latest who was sent home on Thursday, March 28.
Devin was in the bottom three along with the other remaining guys, Lazaro Arbos and Burnell Taylor. Devin sang Perry Como's "It's Impossible" for his survival song, but the judges decided not to use their save card despite the audience shouting, "Save! Save! Save!"
Showing a positive attitude, the 18-year-old singing hopeful from Chicago said, "It's been an honor, man. You guys are the real people," while pointing to the audience. He added, "As long as I leave with you guys and God, we're good."
Devin actually got rave reviews for his performance of "Tracks of My Tears" on Wednesday night. "Devin is back tonight, y'all," Randy Jackson exclaimed at the time, while Mariah Carey called it "flawless." Though so, as Jimmy Iovine said, compared to everyone else, Devin came up short.
On the other hand, Angie Miller, who flubbed during the Motown Night, was safe and will return next week along with Lazaro, Burnell, Kree Harrison, Candice Glover, Janelle Arthur and Amber Holcomb.
Serving as musical performers on the latest results show was judge Keith Urban, who sang "Long Hot Summer". Former "Idol" contestants Colton Dixon and Katharine McPhee additionally returned, with the former performing his new song "Love Has Come for Me" and the latter teaming up for a duet of "I Lose Myself" with OneRepublic.
More American Idol News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy