'American Idol' Results: Only Two Guys Left in the Top 7
Male singers clearly have lost their domination on "American Idol". For the third week in a row, a guy is eliminated during the results show, with Devin Velez becoming the latest who was sent home on Thursday, March 28.
Devin was in the bottom three along with the other remaining guys, Lazaro Arbos and Burnell Taylor. Devin sang Perry Como's "It's Impossible" for his survival song, but the judges decided not to use their save card despite the audience shouting, "Save! Save! Save!"
Showing a positive attitude, the 18-year-old singing hopeful from Chicago said, "It's been an honor, man. You guys are the real people," while pointing to the audience. He added, "As long as I leave with you guys and God, we're good."
Devin actually got rave reviews for his performance of "Tracks of My Tears" on Wednesday night. "Devin is back tonight, y'all," Randy Jackson exclaimed at the time, while Mariah Carey called it "flawless." Though so, as Jimmy Iovine said, compared to everyone else, Devin came up short.
On the other hand, Angie Miller, who flubbed during the Motown Night, was safe and will return next week along with Lazaro, Burnell, Kree Harrison, Candice Glover, Janelle Arthur and Amber Holcomb.
Serving as musical performers on the latest results show was judge Keith Urban, who sang "Long Hot Summer". Former "Idol" contestants Colton Dixon and Katharine McPhee additionally returned, with the former performing his new song "Love Has Come for Me" and the latter teaming up for a duet of "I Lose Myself" with OneRepublic.
More American Idol News
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts