Oscars 2013: Jennifer Lawrence Fell on Her Way to Accept Best Actress Award
Jennifer Lawrence took a tumble in front of star-studded crowd at the 85th annual Academy Awards. The actress fell on the stairs as she made her way to the stage to collect her award after being announced as the winner of Best Actress.
"You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell," the witty actress said upon reaching the podium, referring to the standing ovation she received for her big win. She added with a laugh, "That's really embarrassing, but thank you."
She blamed her dress and the shiny floor for the incident when she was asked by reporters backstage about what happened. "What do you mean what happened? Look at my dress! I tried to walk up stairs in this dress. And they wax the stairs," she said.
Lawrence looked elegant in a Dior Haute Couture dress that had a voluminous skirt. The new face of Miss Dior accessorized herself with a delicate Chopard necklace, a Roger Vivier clutch, and Brian Atwood shoes. She wore her hair in an updo to complete her look.
Lawrence won the coveted prize for her role in "Silver Linings Playbook", beating Jessica Chastain ("Zero Dark Thirty (2012)"), Emmanuelle Riva ("Amour"), Quvenzhane Wallis ("Beasts of the Southern Wild"), and Naomi Watts ("The Impossible").
To all the other nominees, she said, "It's been amazing getting to know you. You've been so nice and you've made this experience unforgettable."
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?