Oscars 2013: Jennifer Lawrence Fell on Her Way to Accept Best Actress Award
Jennifer Lawrence took a tumble in front of star-studded crowd at the 85th annual Academy Awards. The actress fell on the stairs as she made her way to the stage to collect her award after being announced as the winner of Best Actress.
"You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell," the witty actress said upon reaching the podium, referring to the standing ovation she received for her big win. She added with a laugh, "That's really embarrassing, but thank you."
She blamed her dress and the shiny floor for the incident when she was asked by reporters backstage about what happened. "What do you mean what happened? Look at my dress! I tried to walk up stairs in this dress. And they wax the stairs," she said.
Lawrence looked elegant in a Dior Haute Couture dress that had a voluminous skirt. The new face of Miss Dior accessorized herself with a delicate Chopard necklace, a Roger Vivier clutch, and Brian Atwood shoes. She wore her hair in an updo to complete her look.
Lawrence won the coveted prize for her role in "Silver Linings Playbook", beating Jessica Chastain ("Zero Dark Thirty (2012)"), Emmanuelle Riva ("Amour"), Quvenzhane Wallis ("Beasts of the Southern Wild"), and Naomi Watts ("The Impossible").
To all the other nominees, she said, "It's been amazing getting to know you. You've been so nice and you've made this experience unforgettable."
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'