Oscars 2013: Jennifer Lawrence Fell on Her Way to Accept Best Actress Award
Jennifer Lawrence took a tumble in front of star-studded crowd at the 85th annual Academy Awards. The actress fell on the stairs as she made her way to the stage to collect her award after being announced as the winner of Best Actress.
"You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell," the witty actress said upon reaching the podium, referring to the standing ovation she received for her big win. She added with a laugh, "That's really embarrassing, but thank you."
She blamed her dress and the shiny floor for the incident when she was asked by reporters backstage about what happened. "What do you mean what happened? Look at my dress! I tried to walk up stairs in this dress. And they wax the stairs," she said.
Lawrence looked elegant in a Dior Haute Couture dress that had a voluminous skirt. The new face of Miss Dior accessorized herself with a delicate Chopard necklace, a Roger Vivier clutch, and Brian Atwood shoes. She wore her hair in an updo to complete her look.
Lawrence won the coveted prize for her role in "Silver Linings Playbook", beating Jessica Chastain ("Zero Dark Thirty (2012)"), Emmanuelle Riva ("Amour"), Quvenzhane Wallis ("Beasts of the Southern Wild"), and Naomi Watts ("The Impossible").
To all the other nominees, she said, "It's been amazing getting to know you. You've been so nice and you've made this experience unforgettable."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked