Oscars 2013: 'Argo' Wins Best Picture, 'Life of Pi' Dominates Full Winner List
The full winner list of the 85th annual Academy Awards has finally been announced. Before the coveted Best Picture award was handed out to its winner, halfway through the show, Barbra Streisand took the stage to perform "The Way We Were".
Shortly after that, the winner of Best Song award was announced. As predicted by a lot of people, Adele was the one who successfully grabbed the prize for "Skyfall". "This is amazing," the British singer gushed. "You're all amazing." As for the Best Score, Mychael Danna claimed the prize for "Life of Pi".
Quentin Tarantino won the Best Original Screenplay for "Django Unchained", marking his second Oscar in his career. "That's cool. Charlize [Theron] is my neighbor," said Tarantino in his speech. "This will be the Writers' Year," he added, before saying his signature "Peace Out" quote.
Next, Chris Terrio scored his Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for "Argo". Taking his statuette from presenters Charlize Theron and Dustin Hoffman, Terrio dedicated his award for Tony Mendez and went on thanking fellow nominees and Ben Affleck.
Ang Lee was later named the Best Director thanks to "Life of Pi". The Taiwanese helmer said in his speech, "Thank you, Movie God," after taking his second Oscar for directing from presenters Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas.
Finally, the Best Actress winner was announced and the Oscar went to Jennifer Lawrence from "Silver Linings Playbook". Daniel Day-Lewis was named the winner of Best Actor thanks to "Lincoln". He's the first actor to win three Oscars in the lead actor category.
The moment of truth eventually came when Michelle Obama introduced the Best Picture award from the White House. The First Lady then announced the biggest winner of the night which happened to be "Argo". Affleck said in his speech, "All that matters is you gotta get up."
In total, "Argo" grabbed 3 Oscars during the night, putting it in the same position as "Les Miserables". "Life of Pi" was the one bagging the most awards with four in total. Meanwhile, "Lincoln", "Django" and "Skyfall" each took home two golden statuettes.
Held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center, this year's Oscars was hosted by Seth MacFarlane and was broadcast live on the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries. This year, the Academy Awards boasted "music in film" as its theme.
Full Winner List of the 85th Annual Academy Awards:
- Best Picture: "Argo"
- Best Director: Ang Lee - "Life of Pi"
- Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis - "Lincoln"
- Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence - "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz - "Django Unchained"
- Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway - "Les Miserables"
- Best Writing - Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino - "Django Unchained"
- Best Writing - Adapted Screenplay: Chris Terrio - "Argo"
- Best Animated Feature: "Brave"
- Best Foreign Language Film: "Amour"
- Best Documentary - Feature: "Searching for Sugar Man"
- Best Documentary - Short Subject: "Innocente"
- Best Live Action Short Film: "Curfew"
- Best Animated Short Film: "Paperman"
- Best Original Score: Mychael Danna - "Life of Pi"
- Best Original Song: Adele - "Skyfall"
- Best Sound Editing: "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" and "Skyfall"
- Best Sound Mixing: "Les Miserables"
- Best Production Design: "Lincoln"
- Best Cinematography: "Life of Pi"
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling: "Les Miserables"
- Best Costume Design: "Anna Karenina"
- Best Film Editing: "Argo"
- Best Visual Effects: "Life of Pi"
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London