HBO Renews 'Girls' for Third Season
"Girls" has been picked up for a third season while its second season just premiered on HBO two weeks ago. Spilling the news was lead actress Lena Dunham, who also created the comedy series, during an interview with Alec Baldwin.
"We're starting season three at the end of March," she said on the "30 Rock" actor's podcast. The 26-year-old, who recently won her first Golden Globe Award through her role as Hannah Horvath on the show, went on gushing, "I'm so excited."
Dunham additionally hinted that the upcoming season might have 12 episodes, instead of 10 like the previous seasons. "I would love that," she said. "I think that a little more would be just a little more storytelling real estate and it would be amazing. But you know, so I shoot four-and-a-half months out of the year, then I'm editing, then I'm doing press, then I'm writing, then I'm back."
She added, "I don't want to like - I don't have any desire in doing like, you know, a 22 episode - I don't even understand how someone does the 22 episode marathon."
Baldwin then offered himself to guest star on "Girls". "I'll come and play your therapist. You need a therapist," he enthused, to which Dunham replied, "That would be the most fun thing in the world."
HBO hasn't released any official statement regarding the "Girls" season 3 renewal. In late 2012, executive producer Judd Apatow had hinted that the new season order was imminent as saying, "We're about to shoot the third season of 'Girls'."
More Girls News
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters