'American Idol' Charlotte Auditions: Nicki Minaj Mad at Fellow Judges
The much publicized feud between Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey was captured in the latest episode of "American Idol". During the auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina, the raptress looked bored when the other three judges were arguing over a contestant's interest in country music.
It all began as Summer Cunningham claimed, "I did the country thing; now I'm more of a soulful country thing." Feeling insulted, Keith Urban said, "It's like saying 'I did the brain surgeon thing!' " Nicki was silent when the other judges asked Summer's interest in country music.
When it's her turn to speak, Nicki asked, "Why are we picking her apart?" to which Mariah replied, "Really? Is that what I did? We're trying to help her as opposed to just talk about her outfit." Furious Nicki responded, "Oh, you're right. I'm sorry I can't help her. Maybe I should just get off the f**king panel."
The judges argument aside, Summer was eventually sent to Hollywood. Thirty six other singing hopefuls got the golden tickets in this round. They included Brian Rittenberry whose wife just survived appendix cancer, Candice Glover who returned from last season, and street singer Rodney Barber who has been called the Voice of Charlotte. Another country music singer Ashley Smith also impressed the judges.
Among those who didn't make the cut was Joel Nemoyer, who chose to sing Michael Buble's "Feeling Good" while lying on the floor. Naomi Morris also failed to get through to the next round, but she might not be easily forgotten since her outfit sparked a debate between Mariah and Nicki.
Summer Cunningham auditions on "American Idol":
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does