President Obama to Hold Private Screening of '1600 Penn' at White House
NBC's "1600 Penn" will have a very special screening at the White House on Wednesday, January 9. It was announced that President Barack Obama would hold the private screening with the cast and crew of the fictional comedy series revolving around a dysfunctional first family.
To take place at the White House's family theater, the "closed press" event would likely mark Obama's reunion with his former speech writer Jon Lovett. The writer is now serving as the co-creator of the half-hour comedy, which was first sampled behind "The Voice" last month.
"1600 Penn", which is named after the White House's address 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, stars Bill Pullman as fictional U.S. President Dale Gilchrist and Jenna Elfman as the First Lady. A preview for the Thursday premiere of the show features co-creator Josh Gad playing first son "Skip" who set fire at his college fraternity house.
"We really wanted to dissect what it meant to be a family in the most extraordinary of circumstances - and what's more extraordinary than being the first family?" Gad said of the upcoming series in a statement last month.
Lovett, meanwhile, shared to reporters at the Television Critics Association's winter press that his experience as the President speech writer helped him in creating the show. "My experience may give us a way to ground this show and these stories about the family," he said.
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!