President Obama to Hold Private Screening of '1600 Penn' at White House
NBC's "1600 Penn" will have a very special screening at the White House on Wednesday, January 9. It was announced that President Barack Obama would hold the private screening with the cast and crew of the fictional comedy series revolving around a dysfunctional first family.
To take place at the White House's family theater, the "closed press" event would likely mark Obama's reunion with his former speech writer Jon Lovett. The writer is now serving as the co-creator of the half-hour comedy, which was first sampled behind "The Voice" last month.
"1600 Penn", which is named after the White House's address 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, stars Bill Pullman as fictional U.S. President Dale Gilchrist and Jenna Elfman as the First Lady. A preview for the Thursday premiere of the show features co-creator Josh Gad playing first son "Skip" who set fire at his college fraternity house.
"We really wanted to dissect what it meant to be a family in the most extraordinary of circumstances - and what's more extraordinary than being the first family?" Gad said of the upcoming series in a statement last month.
Lovett, meanwhile, shared to reporters at the Television Critics Association's winter press that his experience as the President speech writer helped him in creating the show. "My experience may give us a way to ground this show and these stories about the family," he said.
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms