'Once Upon a Time' Finds Its Young Cora in Rose McGowan
"Once Upon a Time" has already found an actress to play young Cora for the upcoming season 2 origin episode. Deadline reports that Rose McGowan has officially been set to guest star in the said outing, playing a younger version of the Evil Queen's mother.
The older version of Cora is portrayed by Barbara Hershey. The new casting marks McGowan's return to magic drama genre after she previously starred in "Charmed" for five years. She also portrayed a sorceress in a 2011remake of "Conan the Barbarian".
The origin episode of the ABC fantasy series will air in 2013 and will revolve around Cora. The series has already traveled back in time during the course of two seasons. It previously visited the fairy tale world to explain the background stories of each of the Storybrooke character.
The popular show is set to take part at next year's PaleyFest.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album