Gwen Stefani and Husband Gavin Rossdale Perform 'Glycerine' Live
Gwen Stefani, lead singer of No Doubt, joined her husband, Bush's frontman Gavin Rossdale, for a rare duet during KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas. The couple performed the Bush hit single "Glycerine" over the weekend, at the same annual event where the two met 17 years ago in a dressing room.
Rossdale's band Bush were performing that night when Stefani stepped in to join Rossdale during his rendition of "Glycerine" for an appearance that surprised the crowd. It started out with Rossdale on the stage with just his guitar, singing the first verse, then Stefani popped-in by the second verse, sending the crowd to go wild. The band joined in at the end and the two rocked-out to finish the song.
Prior to this, the famous couple had been touring for two years and the idea to do a song together was to commemorate the anniversary of the first time they met, at KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas 17 years ago. Although Bush's hit "The Afterlife" was Stefani's favorite song, they settled on "Glycerine" for their duet.
KROQ is a Los Angeles-based radio station known for championing alternative bands. The station's Almost Acoustic Christmas is an annual, two-night event held every December. "Glycerine", meanwhile, is the fourth single from the Bush debut album "Sixteen Stone", while "The Afterlife" is on their fifth album "The Sea of Memories".
Rossdale and Stefani married in 2002 and have two children together, Kingston, 6, and Zuma, 4. Both of their bands, No Doubt and Bush, broke out in the 1990s.
Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale performing Glycerine:
More Gwen Stefani News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video