Gwen Stefani and Husband Gavin Rossdale Perform 'Glycerine' Live
Gwen Stefani, lead singer of No Doubt, joined her husband, Bush's frontman Gavin Rossdale, for a rare duet during KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas. The couple performed the Bush hit single "Glycerine" over the weekend, at the same annual event where the two met 17 years ago in a dressing room.
Rossdale's band Bush were performing that night when Stefani stepped in to join Rossdale during his rendition of "Glycerine" for an appearance that surprised the crowd. It started out with Rossdale on the stage with just his guitar, singing the first verse, then Stefani popped-in by the second verse, sending the crowd to go wild. The band joined in at the end and the two rocked-out to finish the song.
Prior to this, the famous couple had been touring for two years and the idea to do a song together was to commemorate the anniversary of the first time they met, at KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas 17 years ago. Although Bush's hit "The Afterlife" was Stefani's favorite song, they settled on "Glycerine" for their duet.
KROQ is a Los Angeles-based radio station known for championing alternative bands. The station's Almost Acoustic Christmas is an annual, two-night event held every December. "Glycerine", meanwhile, is the fourth single from the Bush debut album "Sixteen Stone", while "The Afterlife" is on their fifth album "The Sea of Memories".
Rossdale and Stefani married in 2002 and have two children together, Kingston, 6, and Zuma, 4. Both of their bands, No Doubt and Bush, broke out in the 1990s.
Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale performing Glycerine:
More Gwen Stefani News
- Watch the Leaked 'Avengers: Infinity War' Comic-Con Trailer
- Jared Leto Circling Lead Role in Sony's 'Bloodshot' Adaptation
- Rihanna and Cara Delevingne Go Braless at 'Valerian' Paris Premiere
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes