Kate Middleton Makes First Official Visit to Namesake City With Prince William
Kate Middleton visited Cambridge, her and Prince William's namesake city, on Wednesday, November 28. It was the first official visit to the city for the duchess, who has just debuted a new hairdo. Her husband Prince William also joined the trip.
The brunette beauty wore Max Mara Belli cream overcoat featuring decorative stitching and a high collar to protect her body from the cold and windy weather. Meanwhile, Prince William donned a dark blue suit and red tie.
The 30-year-old nobles went to Cambridge by train in first class. The pair was greeted by Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire and his wife, then headed to the Senate House at Guildhall, where they greeted the Cambridge residents. The prince and princess of the British Royal Family also received flowers from their fans.
In addition, the monarchy couple chatted with some fans. A mother named Tessa Davies brought her son, who was named James William to honor the Duke of Cambridge. According to Daily Mail, Kate tickled the baby's foot and praised the mother for giving her son such a name, "That was wonderful." The duchess also gushed about how cute her son was.
An outlooker named Joanne Baldwin had a chance to tell Kate that she loved her face-framing hairdo, which she debuted on Tuesday, November 27 while visiting The Natural History Museum. The princess replied to her, "I'm not sure about it. It's a bit windy today." However, Joanne still complimented her, saying, "Don't worry, it looks lovely."
After greeting the crowd, the princess and the prince visited Cambridge University students at an afternoon reception. They also visited The Manor School, which collaborates with Prince Charles' teaching institute to raise standards. They ended their tour by visiting Peterborough City Hospital.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child