Kate Middleton Makes First Official Visit to Namesake City With Prince William
Kate Middleton visited Cambridge, her and Prince William's namesake city, on Wednesday, November 28. It was the first official visit to the city for the duchess, who has just debuted a new hairdo. Her husband Prince William also joined the trip.
The brunette beauty wore Max Mara Belli cream overcoat featuring decorative stitching and a high collar to protect her body from the cold and windy weather. Meanwhile, Prince William donned a dark blue suit and red tie.
The 30-year-old nobles went to Cambridge by train in first class. The pair was greeted by Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire and his wife, then headed to the Senate House at Guildhall, where they greeted the Cambridge residents. The prince and princess of the British Royal Family also received flowers from their fans.
In addition, the monarchy couple chatted with some fans. A mother named Tessa Davies brought her son, who was named James William to honor the Duke of Cambridge. According to Daily Mail, Kate tickled the baby's foot and praised the mother for giving her son such a name, "That was wonderful." The duchess also gushed about how cute her son was.
An outlooker named Joanne Baldwin had a chance to tell Kate that she loved her face-framing hairdo, which she debuted on Tuesday, November 27 while visiting The Natural History Museum. The princess replied to her, "I'm not sure about it. It's a bit windy today." However, Joanne still complimented her, saying, "Don't worry, it looks lovely."
After greeting the crowd, the princess and the prince visited Cambridge University students at an afternoon reception. They also visited The Manor School, which collaborates with Prince Charles' teaching institute to raise standards. They ended their tour by visiting Peterborough City Hospital.
More Kate Middleton News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up