Kate Middleton Makes First Official Visit to Namesake City With Prince William
Kate Middleton visited Cambridge, her and Prince William's namesake city, on Wednesday, November 28. It was the first official visit to the city for the duchess, who has just debuted a new hairdo. Her husband Prince William also joined the trip.
The brunette beauty wore Max Mara Belli cream overcoat featuring decorative stitching and a high collar to protect her body from the cold and windy weather. Meanwhile, Prince William donned a dark blue suit and red tie.
The 30-year-old nobles went to Cambridge by train in first class. The pair was greeted by Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire and his wife, then headed to the Senate House at Guildhall, where they greeted the Cambridge residents. The prince and princess of the British Royal Family also received flowers from their fans.
In addition, the monarchy couple chatted with some fans. A mother named Tessa Davies brought her son, who was named James William to honor the Duke of Cambridge. According to Daily Mail, Kate tickled the baby's foot and praised the mother for giving her son such a name, "That was wonderful." The duchess also gushed about how cute her son was.
An outlooker named Joanne Baldwin had a chance to tell Kate that she loved her face-framing hairdo, which she debuted on Tuesday, November 27 while visiting The Natural History Museum. The princess replied to her, "I'm not sure about it. It's a bit windy today." However, Joanne still complimented her, saying, "Don't worry, it looks lovely."
After greeting the crowd, the princess and the prince visited Cambridge University students at an afternoon reception. They also visited The Manor School, which collaborates with Prince Charles' teaching institute to raise standards. They ended their tour by visiting Peterborough City Hospital.
More Kate Middleton News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media