Justin Bieber Wants Hearing Damage Lawsuit Dismissed
Justin Bieber has responded to the lawsuit filed by a fan's mother who claimed she suffered from hearing loss after attending one of his concerts. The pop star's lawyers have filed legal documents to dismiss the case because there was no way Bieber did it on purpose.
It was revealed back in July that a mother named Stacey Betts sued Bieber for $9.23 million for severe damage to her ears. She claimed Bieber "enticed the crowd" into screaming loudly at his 2010 concert in Portland, Oregon when he got on "heart-shaped aluminum/steel gondola".
Betts said in the lawsuit, Bieber "created a wave like effect of screaming by pointing into various sections of the arena. Then enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion." She claimed she was hit with a "sound blast" and left with permanent ear damage called tinnitus, which causes a constant pulsing and whooshing sound that makes it hard to sleep.
In his counter attack, Bieber said that there was no way he could have known "pointing to a crowd" would cause a so-called "sound blast". According to the documents which were obtained by TMZ, Betts also missed to mention that Bieber has any duty to stop fans from making noise. The singer wants a judge to dismiss the case because there is lack of facts.
More Justin Bieber News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard