Justin Bieber Wants Hearing Damage Lawsuit Dismissed
Justin Bieber has responded to the lawsuit filed by a fan's mother who claimed she suffered from hearing loss after attending one of his concerts. The pop star's lawyers have filed legal documents to dismiss the case because there was no way Bieber did it on purpose.
It was revealed back in July that a mother named Stacey Betts sued Bieber for $9.23 million for severe damage to her ears. She claimed Bieber "enticed the crowd" into screaming loudly at his 2010 concert in Portland, Oregon when he got on "heart-shaped aluminum/steel gondola".
Betts said in the lawsuit, Bieber "created a wave like effect of screaming by pointing into various sections of the arena. Then enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion." She claimed she was hit with a "sound blast" and left with permanent ear damage called tinnitus, which causes a constant pulsing and whooshing sound that makes it hard to sleep.
In his counter attack, Bieber said that there was no way he could have known "pointing to a crowd" would cause a so-called "sound blast". According to the documents which were obtained by TMZ, Betts also missed to mention that Bieber has any duty to stop fans from making noise. The singer wants a judge to dismiss the case because there is lack of facts.
More Justin Bieber News
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival