Justin Bieber Wants Hearing Damage Lawsuit Dismissed
Justin Bieber has responded to the lawsuit filed by a fan's mother who claimed she suffered from hearing loss after attending one of his concerts. The pop star's lawyers have filed legal documents to dismiss the case because there was no way Bieber did it on purpose.
It was revealed back in July that a mother named Stacey Betts sued Bieber for $9.23 million for severe damage to her ears. She claimed Bieber "enticed the crowd" into screaming loudly at his 2010 concert in Portland, Oregon when he got on "heart-shaped aluminum/steel gondola".
Betts said in the lawsuit, Bieber "created a wave like effect of screaming by pointing into various sections of the arena. Then enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion." She claimed she was hit with a "sound blast" and left with permanent ear damage called tinnitus, which causes a constant pulsing and whooshing sound that makes it hard to sleep.
In his counter attack, Bieber said that there was no way he could have known "pointing to a crowd" would cause a so-called "sound blast". According to the documents which were obtained by TMZ, Betts also missed to mention that Bieber has any duty to stop fans from making noise. The singer wants a judge to dismiss the case because there is lack of facts.
More Justin Bieber News
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say