AMAs 2012: Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj Add Second Prizes
Justin Bieber received his second win of the evening by snatching Favorite Pop/Rock Album for his latest studio installment "Believe". The Canadian teen heartthrob was handed the prize by Jenny McCarthy who planted kisses on the newly-single artist. When delivering his speech, he joked that he felt "violated."
Nicki Minaj followed Bieber as a double victor. Although she lost her chance to win the Favorite Pop/Rock Album, the Young Money femcee still managed to grab another coveted gong by bagging Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist. Beating Drake and Tyga, she accepted the prize from Hayden Panettiere and 50 Cent.
During her speech, the Harajuku Barbie thanked her loyal devotees and announced that she would premiere a music video for her latest single "Freedom" on Sunday, November 19. Earlier in the evening, she delivered the song with a gospel choir in a pink-themed set. She performed after Linkin Park played "Burn It Down".
Lady Antebellum collected a prize for Favorite Band, Group or Duo in Country music. Dave Haywood, Hillary Scott and Charles Kelley returned to the stage to get the award from Colbie Caillat and Gavin DeGraw. The trio previously took the stage to present Luke Bryan with Favorite Male Country Artist.
David Guetta won his first AMA through a brand-new category, Favorite Artist in Electronic Dance Music. The French DJ was unable to attend the show due to his hectic schedule on the road, so his award was accepted by presenters Elisha Cuthbert and Kelly Rowland on his behalf. He won over Skrillex and Calvin Harris.
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'