AMAs 2012: Carly Rae Jepsen Wins New Artist of the Year
More winners at 2012 American Music Awards were revealed in the star-studded telecast at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Carly Rae Jepsen grabbed her first AMA win by grabbing New Artist of the Year. The "Call Me Maybe" hitmaker beat fellow newbies such as J. Cole, Fun., Gotye and One Direction.
Alsp coming out victorious at the awards show were Usher and Luke Bryan. The two males took home a Favorite Artist gong each, along with Linkin Park. They joined previously-announced winners Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj.
After losing Favorite Pop/Rock Artist to his protege Bieber, Usher redeemed himself by claiming Favorite Male Artist in Soul/R&B genre. The "Climax" singer, who served as an opening act at the star-studded event earlier in the evening, beat Chris Brown and Trey Songz. He received the coveted title from Ginnifer Goodwin.
Bryan won Favorite Male Artist in Country music, pushing aside Jason Aldean and Eric Church. He was given the award by fellow country act Lady Antebellum. Chester Bennington and his friends, meanwhile, were presented by Kerry Washington and Apolo Anton Ohno as a Favorite in Alternative music genre.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet