AMAs 2012: Carly Rae Jepsen Wins New Artist of the Year
More winners at 2012 American Music Awards were revealed in the star-studded telecast at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Carly Rae Jepsen grabbed her first AMA win by grabbing New Artist of the Year. The "Call Me Maybe" hitmaker beat fellow newbies such as J. Cole, Fun., Gotye and One Direction.
Alsp coming out victorious at the awards show were Usher and Luke Bryan. The two males took home a Favorite Artist gong each, along with Linkin Park. They joined previously-announced winners Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj.
After losing Favorite Pop/Rock Artist to his protege Bieber, Usher redeemed himself by claiming Favorite Male Artist in Soul/R&B genre. The "Climax" singer, who served as an opening act at the star-studded event earlier in the evening, beat Chris Brown and Trey Songz. He received the coveted title from Ginnifer Goodwin.
Bryan won Favorite Male Artist in Country music, pushing aside Jason Aldean and Eric Church. He was given the award by fellow country act Lady Antebellum. Chester Bennington and his friends, meanwhile, were presented by Kerry Washington and Apolo Anton Ohno as a Favorite in Alternative music genre.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'