Michael Bay Finally Confirms Mark Wahlberg for 'Transformers 4'
It's finally confirmed, Mark Wahlberg will star in "Transformers 4". Director Michael Bay himself announced the good news on Thursday, November 8, stating that he's so "fired up" to reunite with his "Pain and Gain" actor for the highly-anticipated autobot war movie.
"Mark is awesome," Bay gushed. "We had a blast working on 'Pain and Gain' and I'm so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers' legacy." Details of Wahlberg's role, however, are still kept secret.
Not only did he confirm the casting news, but Bay also revealed the official logo of "T4" as well as "Pain and Gain". The logo for the fourth "Transformers" movie boasts metallic design of half of Optimus Prime's face and the number "4".
Bay will begin filming "T4" in the spring of 2013 after wrapping his passion project "Pain and Gain", which also stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The fourth installment of "Transformers" is scheduled for a June 26, 2014 release in the U.S., while the body-builder drama will be unleashed on April 26 next year.
Rumors that Wahlberg would star in "T4" emerged via Twitch back in October, but Bay strictly denied it as claiming, "The Mark Wahlberg T4 rumor is just a rumor. Mark and I are talking about another film project." However, a few weeks after debunking the report, Bay indicated a change of heart by revealing that he might reconsider casting Whalberg for the film.
"I had such a great time working with Mark on Pain and Gain, and he gave such a great performance - well let's say that very internet chatter gave me some ideas," he said. "We are at the inception of our story process right now on T4. Let's say some ideas are gaining traction with me and my writer - so I'm here to say thanks internet chatter."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen