Matthew Vaughn Reportedly in Talks to Direct 'Star Wars Episode 7'
The plan to make "Star Wars Episode 7" has been grabbing the headline for these past few days and people have been wildly speculating on who's going to replace George Lucas as the new director. Adding fuel to the swirling speculations, Collider shares a possible big scoop that Lucasfilm is apparently already approaching a filmmaker to helm the much-talked-about big movie project.
Though stressing that the tidbit has yet to be confirmed, the site spills that "Kick-Ass" helmer Matthew Vaughn is currently in talks with Lucasfilm to helm the new "Star Wars" movie. Vaughn himself recently stole the attention as he abruptly decided to leave "X-Men: Days of Future Past". Multiple sources later reveal that Vaughn's negotiation with Lucasfilm is actually the main reason why he departed from "X-Men".
Ever since Walt Disney Pictures announced that "Star Wars Episode 7" was officially in the works for a 2015 release, many fans have been suggesting some A-list filmmakers to serve as the new director. Weighing in on the subject, the original "Star Wars" helmer, George Lucas, admitted that he wouldn't give a hand in choosing the new helmer and decided to leave it to Kathleen Kennedy.
"I've turned it over to a wonderful producer, Kathy Kennedy, and I've known her for years," so Lucas stated. "She's [Kennedy] more than capable of taking it and making it better than I did."
As for Vaughn, the "Stardust" director recently dropped out of the "X-Men: First Class", but the exact reason of his departure remains unclear. He was replaced by Bryan Singer, who previously served as the producer. The Marvel movie is projected to kick off filming sometime in January 2013.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018