Matthew Vaughn Reportedly in Talks to Direct 'Star Wars Episode 7'
The plan to make "Star Wars Episode 7" has been grabbing the headline for these past few days and people have been wildly speculating on who's going to replace George Lucas as the new director. Adding fuel to the swirling speculations, Collider shares a possible big scoop that Lucasfilm is apparently already approaching a filmmaker to helm the much-talked-about big movie project.
Though stressing that the tidbit has yet to be confirmed, the site spills that "Kick-Ass" helmer Matthew Vaughn is currently in talks with Lucasfilm to helm the new "Star Wars" movie. Vaughn himself recently stole the attention as he abruptly decided to leave "X-Men: Days of Future Past". Multiple sources later reveal that Vaughn's negotiation with Lucasfilm is actually the main reason why he departed from "X-Men".
Ever since Walt Disney Pictures announced that "Star Wars Episode 7" was officially in the works for a 2015 release, many fans have been suggesting some A-list filmmakers to serve as the new director. Weighing in on the subject, the original "Star Wars" helmer, George Lucas, admitted that he wouldn't give a hand in choosing the new helmer and decided to leave it to Kathleen Kennedy.
"I've turned it over to a wonderful producer, Kathy Kennedy, and I've known her for years," so Lucas stated. "She's [Kennedy] more than capable of taking it and making it better than I did."
As for Vaughn, the "Stardust" director recently dropped out of the "X-Men: First Class", but the exact reason of his departure remains unclear. He was replaced by Bryan Singer, who previously served as the producer. The Marvel movie is projected to kick off filming sometime in January 2013.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'