Matthew Vaughn Won't Direct 'X-Men: Days of Future Past', Bryan Singer May Replace
Shocking news has come from the production of "X-Men: Days of Future Past". Getting closer to the start date of the much-awaited "X-Men: First Class" sequel, director Matthew Vaughn abruptly decides to step down from his helming duty for the project, which is currently developed at 20th Century Fox.
According to Deadline, Vaughn will not exit the gig entirely. He will still serve as the producer alongside Lauren Shuler and Simon Kinberg, who also writes the sript with Jane Goldman. Words are, Vaughn will essentially swap position with Bryan Singer, who is currently poised to take over the directing gig after previously tapped as the producer.
Singer himself is no stranger to the "X-Men" franchise. He previously helmed 2000's "X-Men" and 2003's "X2", as well as produced last year's "X-Men: First Class". He has also been serving as the guide during the screenwriting phase of the upcoming sequel.
As for Vaughn, the reason behind his departure from the directing seat is still unclear. This is not the first time he makes such abrupt decision. He once briefly exited "First Class", forcing Fox to find a replacement before he changed his mind and returned. He also bowed out of "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall", passing his duty to Jeff Wadlow.
Vaughn still has another project at Fox. He is reportedly attached to a drama movie called "Secret Service", which is adapted from Mark Millar's comic books.
X-Men: Days of Future Past" is slated for a July 18, 2014 U.S. release. The production is set to begin in January 2013, and is set to bring back Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Kevin Bacon, January Jones, Rose Byrne and Nicholas Hoult.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'