NBC Not Moving Forward With 'The Office' Spin-Off
"The Office" spin-off isn't happening. Rainn Wilson has revealed that NBC passed on the project starring himself, tweeting, "Farm Update: NBC has passed on moving forward with The Farm TV show. Had a blast making the pilot - onwards & upwards!"
Titled "The Farm", the spin-off was projected to focus on Wilson's "Office" character Dwight Schrute who runs the Schrute family beet farm and bed & breakfast. Paul Lieberstein, who was a showrunner on "The Office" for several seasons before leaving the post earlier this year, helped develop the spin-off.
"The Farm" has cast Thomas Middleditch as Dwight's brother Jeb, with Majandra Delfino and Blake Garrett taking other roles as Dwight's sister Fannie and his nephew Cameron respectively. Mike Schur was additionally set to reprise his role as Dwight's cousin Mose.
While NBC hasn't released an official statement on the fate of "The Farm", The Hollywood Reporter learns that the pilot will air as an episode of "The Office".
"The Office", meanwhile, is currently airing its ninth and final season, which was promised to have artistic and cool ending. Promoting the mockumentary, Wilson wrote on his Twitter, "PS Keep watching the AWESOME final season of The Office. Many surprises & hilariousities coming!" Original showrunner Greg Daniels took over the creative reign for the last chapter.
More The Office News
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?