Kimmel Cancels First Brooklyn Show Due to Storm, as Letterman and Fallon Tape Without Audience
Hurricane Sandy has forced some shows to make adjustments, including "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" which previously insisted to move forward with its planned Brooklyn shows. The first show of this week, which was scheduled to be taped Monday, October 29, has been canceled.
"Though it pains us to do it, JKLfrom #Brooklyn tonight is cancelled. I'm disappointed too, but we want you to be safe," Jimmy Kimmel informed fans via Twitter. The show's publicist also said in a statement, "Due to stupid Hurricane Sandy and in the interest of the safety of our studio audience, Jimmy Kimmel Live! will not broadcast tonight from the Harvey Theatre at Brooklyn Academy of Music."
The ABC talk show is expected to be back on air Tuesday night with Howard Stern, Tracy Morgan and Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings as the guests. The late-night program has planned to tape this week's episode at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
Meanwhile, "Late Show with David Letterman" and "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" would still air on Monday night, although they had to tape the episodes without audiences. Both shows didn't allow civilians to watch the taping in fear that they would be injured on their way to or from the studios.
David Letterman and Jimmy Fallon have also shared a preview of Monday episodes, addressing the storm and their empty studios in their monologues.
Other shows, Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" and Stephen Colbert's "The Colbert Report", decided to cancel Monday tapings. Comedy Central will air repeats instead, and it's still unknown if the shows will resume production on Tuesday or not.
David Letterman's audience-free monologue:
Jimmy Fallon's Hurricane Sandy cold open:
More Jimmy Kimmel Live! News
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair