Jimmy Fallon Pokes Fun at Amanda Bynes on Emmys Red Carpet
The 64th annual Primetime Emmy Awards has already been wrapped with plenty of memorable moments taking place on its red carpet. Among those which was highlighted was when Jimmy Fallon jokingly poked fun at troubled actress Amanda Bynes when interviewed by E! News' correspondent Ryan Seacrest.
Upon his arrival at the Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, the "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" host jokingly said that he felt glad to arrive safely because it was Bynes who drove him to the venue. "I'm just happy to be alive, I just gotta be honest - Amanda Bynes gave me a ride over," he joked, making fun of the starlet's recent runs-ins with the law. "I am just happy to be here."
Not only dissing the "Easy A" actress, but Fallon also took a jab at another recent headline-grabber, Clint Eastwood. "To be honest, I didn't even have a ticket to the Emmy's tonight," he told Seacrest, before adding, "but Clint Eastwood saved me a chair."
Fallon, who congratulated Jimmy Kimmel for snatching the hosting job for this year's Emmys, also said that he would meet up with "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" child for an Emmy after-party. "We'll be doing some belly flopping, some tooth swapping," he joked. "It's going to be nuts tonight."
Fallon won an Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series for his hosting stint on NBC's "Saturday Night Live". His late-night show was also nominated for Outstanding Variety, Music, or Comedy Series but lost the prize to "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart".
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'