Jimmy Kimmel Has Bathroom Meltdown, Disses Mitt Romney in Emmy Monologue
Jimmy Kimmel kicked off 2012 Primetime Emmy Awards with a pre-recorded bathroom sketch and then cracked political jokes in his monologue. The host was supported by all-girl stars in the former and dissed GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney in the latter.
In the skit, Kimmel burst into a bathroom cubicle crying over a Botox job gone wrong. Christina Hendricks, Mindy Kaling, Zooey Deschanel and a naked Lena Dunham helped him fix his face in an unconventional way before Ellen DeGeneres saved him from lack of pants.
In his monologue later, he said, "TV is an American institution, and yet, one out of every five nominees tonight is British. ... I will admit that 'Downton Abbey' is an amazing show, there's so much meticulous attention to detail." He added, "It really gives you a sense of what it must have been like to grow up in Mitt Romney's house."
"Are any of you voting for Mitt Romney?" the comedian asked the cheering crowd. "Alright, 40 Republicans, and the rest godless liberal homosexuals," he said. "Being a Republican in Hollywood is like being a Chick-Fil-A sandwich on the snack table at 'Glee'."
In the spirit of fair play, Kimmel also made fun of Democratic Presidential candidate, Barack Obama, who once said he loved watching Showtime's drama about government fighting terrorism. "I don't think the President should be watching 'Homeland' for the same reason Charlie Sheen shouldn't be watching 'Breaking Bad'," he quipped.
To "Mad Men" lead actor Jon Hamm who got nominated five times for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series but hasn't won yet, Kimmel said, "I for one am shocked you didn't win tonight." Hamm lost the coveted title to Damian Lewis from "Homeland" that night.
Kimmel also dissed Hollywood's narcissism, "Tonight is the night we honor the one thing in Hollywood we love more than anything else: ourselves. That's how the Emmys got their names. M, E, me," before concluding, "Let's start this off, poor Steve Buscemi hasn't eaten in a week."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding